Chapter 10 ~ Evening At Molly's

Brooklyn's POV

After leaving the firehouse I went back to my apartment for a bit. I cleaned up and put all of the bedding from the couch away. I then went and had a shower and had a light snack before heading to Molly's. From what Herrmann has told me it sounds like a cool place and a good place to hang out at after a shift. Walking in there were not many people there but one person I did notice straight away was Casey. He was sitting at the bar with a beer in his hand staring off into the distance. Even though there were not many people in the bar there was still not room for me to stand at the bar to order a drink other than next to Casey. Walking up next to him Herrmann walks up.

"What Can I get ya Ziva?" he asked

"Hey Herrmann, you can call me Brooklyn off shift you know?"

"Yeah... What can I get you?"

"Scotch on the rocks please Herrmann." I answered.

"Woah going heavy" I heard Casey say from beside me.

"Here u go."

"Thanks Herrmann." I said ignoring Casey. I turned around to find Brett and Little sitting at a table. I walked over and sat down with them. we chat for a bit until a few others from the firehouse come and sit with us. I was nowhere near drunk but some of the others were. We ended up on the topic of why I got transferred.

"So, it was I was about two years into being at the house I was at in LA. I know him for two years. One night we were both drunk and I kind of just happened, I woke up one morning in bed with him. I can't lie he was good looking. Any way we hid it for a while but it eventually came out. After about a month of dating, he started to treat me differently and we ended it. Anyway, did not go well for me working side. I became hot headed, short temped and I started to put my life and others live in danger. I almost got killed a couple of times and that is when I got transferred." I told them.

I could then hear a commotion going on at the bar I look over to see Casey drunk and wanting more but Herrmann not giving him any. I get up and walk over to them and hear Herrmann say he will call home a cab.

"No Herrmann I will take him home I was about to leave anyway," I told him.

"You sure because I can call him a cab." He says back.

"Don't worry about it. I just need his address."

Herrmann turns away for a couple of seconds and then turns back with Casey's address written on a napkin. He mouths a thank you and I brush it off. I then turn to Casey and with the help of Severide, we get him into my car. I then put the address into my phone before leaving. Within a couple of minutes, he was already passed out against the window. Pulling up to his apartment complex she grabs her phone and his keys and gets him out of the car.

After about 10 minutes and a lot of coaching she finally got him to the apartment she unlocked the door and put the keys on the table not noticing the divorce papers. She gets him to his bedroom an into his pyjamas and into bed. She then decides it is probably not best to leave him alone so she quickly went and got her shift bag before coming back. She then got changed and went to lock the door. She looked down and saw the divorce papers and her heart broke. She then finds some bedding and says on the couch and falls asleep.