Chapter 19 ~ Courthouse

Brooklyn's POV

I was honestly so happy that I was able to find Lucy and I am so thankful for Casey keeping me calm through it all. Once we found Lucy it felt like a massive weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Hey if you want you can put her in my office if you want." He told me.

"Yeah, thanks will take you up on that offer."

With that, we walked into the house and I laid Lucy down on Casey's bunk and she went back to sleep. I then saw Casey standing there and I smiled at him. He smiled back and walked in.

"I just have to do some paperwork. If that's ok?" he asked me

"Yeah, that's ok. It is your office she won't disturb you." I answered back.

He gave me another smile as he sits down and does some paperwork. I soon find my self drifting off to sleep with Lucy. I then feel someone pulling a blanket up over me, and I fall back to sleep. I later wake up to someone moving next to me and wake up to see Lucy waking up.

"Hey, do you want something to eat?" I ask her

She gives me a small nod so we get up and go out into the common room.

"Uncle Kelly," Lucy yelled as she came into the common room running into Kelly's arms.

"Hey Monkey. How you doing." He asked her she didn't answer him instead she just wrapped her arms around his neck giving him a big hug. They sat there for a while so I took the time to make her some lunch. Going into the fridge I find some fruit so I decide to make her some fruit salad. Knowing how much she likes it. I pull out all of the things needed and put them on the bench and then start to cut them up when Casey comes over. I look up at him.

"Thanks for letting me use your office," I said to him

"No worries you don't have to thank me you both looked very tired." He said back to me before he walked off.

I finished off cutting up the fruit. I then put it into a bowl before walking over to the table where she is sitting on Kelly's lap. I put the fruit in front of her and she sits there eating it happily. I could not help but smile this little girl who 3 hrs ago was terrified and now sitting here happily eating fruit salad. Then the bells went off.

"Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Squad 3, Battalion 25, Stabbing State Justice Court House."

I went to get up but Casey stopped both Kelly and I.

"You guys stay here we got this. Keep Lucy company." Casey told us.

Casey's POV

Jumping into the truck I was worried about what this is. It is never good when you get called to a courthouse.

Walking into the caught house we were shown to the courtroom where this took place.

"We were in the middle of a trial and this guy walks in and stabs her in the back. It came out of nowhere." One of the women told me.

"What's her name?"

"Brinley Ziva."

Hearing the name, I froze. This is Brooklyn and Kelly's sister. We were able to get her stabilized and on the way to the hospital.

(C= Casey, B= Brooklyn)

C: Hey Brooklyn, I don't want you to freak out but you know the call we are on.

B: Yeah? Why.

C: Well the person that got stabbed was your sister. The ambo just left they're on their way to Chicago Med. I will meet you there.

With that, she hung up.