Chapter 26 ~ Recovery

Brooklyn's POV

Matt was in the hospital for a further week. Lucy and I tried to visit him every day but that got hard with me being on shift for some of those days. It came to the day where Matt was discharged from the hospital. After stopping by his apartment and picking up some clothes he can wear home I arrived at the hospital. I left Lucy home with the sitter as this could be a long and tedious process. He still had to be visited by Dr Rohdes before he went home and I had to go and fill his prescription for his pain killers. I signed in and made my way to his room. I walked in putting his bag on the seat. I then leant over and gave him a kiss. We sat there for a while just talking before Dr Rhodes walked in. He gave me his prescription and I left to do that whilst he did his last exam. He had to go and get an x-ray to see if the pins were still in the right place in his leg. 

Walking into the pharmacy part of the hospital I was greeted by a smiling lady. 

"Hi, how can I help you today," she asked 

"Hi, I'm here to pick up a prescription for Matthew Casey," I told her handing her the sheet of paper Dr Rhodes gave me. She then gave me a small nod before walking to the back. A couple of minutes she came back carrying a basket of pillboxes. 

"Ok so, the first one is his painkillers. He can take two every 4-6 hours. no more than 6 a day. The next one is his antibiotics. He needs to take these three times a day. Once the first box has run out you will need to come in and grab the second box, he will have to take two boxes. I recommend he take one at breakfast lunch and dinner. The last one is his probiotics. He will need to take two of these a day, no less than two hours after his antibiotics, I recommend Breakfast and lunch. If he finished the before he finishes the antibiotics just come back and grab some more. I just need you to sign here," she explained to me, me nodding away to what she is saying. I signed on the line whilst she put all of the boxes in a bag. She then handed me the bag we said our goodbyes and I went back to Matts room. 

Walking in he had just finished talking to Matt. He then told me what he told Matt. After that Matt signed the discharge papers and I helped him get changed. We then went out and got into the car. We stopped at his apartment along the way to get him some clothes and other essentials. Arriving to his apartment complex I help him out of the car and into the elevator. I then pull out his keys and unlock the door. I help him into his room where he can sit on the bed and tell me what to pack. pulling out a duffle bag from the bottom of his wardrobe I place it on the bed next to him where he can pack it.

"Ok what do you need?" I ask him with my hands on my hips with a smile on my lips.

"Ah, I need pants, shirts, shorts, underwear, and pyjamas," he responds returning the smile. I give a small chuckle before walking off the get the things. I walk over to his dresser and pull out some underwear and pass them to him to put into the bag. I also whilst there pull out a couple sets of pyjamas and pass them to him also. I then walk over to his wardrobe and pull out some shirts and pants and shorts. I also pull out some sweat pants because I know he will be sitting around for a while. I also pass them to him. I then grab some socks and shoes and pace them on the bed. I then walk into the bathroom and grab his toiletries bag and put in the essentials. I walk out and give it to him and head out of the room and into the lounge room and grab some books and his phone charger. I then walk back into the room and put them into the bag. I turn to Matt and see him starting to nod off.

"Ok how about we head back to mine before you fall asleep sitting up?" I say with a smile of my face letting out a snicker. He nods his head and we head. I grab his bag and help him out and back to the car before heading back to my apartment. Within the short trip he had already fallen asleep with his head rested against the window. Pulling up I get out and grab his bag and his crutches and I then go to his side and open the door. I wake him and help him inside. I put his bag in my room and help him to the couch. I find his pain killers in my bag and get two out. I then walk into the kitchen and get a glass of water for him. I return to the lounge room and give him his painkillers. he downs them and some water and then he closes his eyes.

it has been a few hours since I picked up Matt from the hospital. He has been asleep since we got back and Lucy has been sitting at the dinning room table colouring in and doing craft quietly. I start to make tea. I pull out a onion and some mince and started to make a spag bog sauce. I grab a can of diced tomato's and add them in. I then boil some water and whilst that was boiling I walked into the lounge room Matt was still asleep. It brought a small smile to my lips. He looked so peaceful and calm and cute laying there. I turned back and went back to cooking the pasta for tea. As the pasta cooked I cleaned off the table and put all of Lucy's craft stuff away. I then pulled out a plate for me and one of Lucy's plastic plates I then put some pasta on her and mine plates and some sauce. I then head up and help Lucy wash her hands and we went back down and sat at the table and ate. Once Lucy had finished I helped her was her hands. She then went back up stair whilst I cleaned up in the kitchen. I put a plate of food aside for Matt for when he woke up. I then put the dishes in the dishwasher and put it on.

3 hours later...

Matt had been asleep for 5 hours now. I decided it was best if I woke him up so he could eat. I walked over to the couch and gently rubbed his shoulder. He stirred a bit but didn't wake up. I tried again and this time he woke up.

"Hey baby, you need to come and have something to eat," I told him quietly. He gave me a small nod. I helped him sit up I then went and heated up his tea. I came back with a glass of water some painkillers and his tea. He sat and ate his tea. whilst he was eating I went and checked on Lucy who was watching a movie on Netflix in my room. When I walked in to my room there she was under a blanket asleep. She was on Matt's side of the bed hugging his pillow. I took a photo and then left to check on Matt.

"Here have a look at this. That would be my niece under our blankets on your side of the bed hugging your pillow. I think it is pretty safe to say she likes you," I told him walking back into the lounge room. He gave a small chuckle.

"How do you know the she moved over to my side I mean she could have been there when she started and then fell asleep," he told me with a grin on his face.

"No, she was laying on my side when I set up the movie. She also has never hugged a pillow like that before. You know what just eat your pasta and take you painkillers. I'm going to go and put her in her bed and then we can go to be. How does that sound?" I told him with a smile on my face.

"Like heaven," he said with a cheeky grin.

I then went back into my room and took Lucy back to her own bed managing not to wake her. I then help Matt into bed and I then hope into bed next to him.