Chapter 21 ~ Morning After

Casey's POV

Sitting on the couch with Brooklyn snuggled up into my side was amazing. I have always dreamed of being with a girl like this. I look down and see that she has fallen asleep. I manage to move without waking her and pick up Lucy carrying her to her bedroom. I lay her down in her bed and give her a kiss on the head. I then go back out and turn off the TV and pick up Brooklyn and stirs a bit but then goes back to sleep. I walk into her room and lay her down on her bed. I then turn off the lights before getting on the other side.

When I woke up the next morning to an empty bed and the smell of coffee wafting towards the bedroom. I pulled back the covers and walked into the kitchen. There I see Brooklyn standing there with a still half-asleep Lucy on her hip quietly she was whispering to her. Seeing her do this brought a smile to my face. She then started to talk a little louder.

Brooklyn's POV

I woke up at the same time of 6 am. I slowly got out of bed being careful to not wake Matt. I walked into the kitchen and began to clean up the things from last night. I then quietly made my way back to my bedroom to get changed and go on my morning run. I set off putting my headphones in. after running for an hour I then got home. I was standing in the kitchen making coffee when Lucy walked in looking like she had just woken up. I then picked her up and sat her on my hip. She snuggled into my shoulder with her little arms wrapped around my neck.

"What would you like for breakfast?" I asked her quietly

"pancakes." She answered back just as quiet.

"Ok, we will make pancakes."

I then turned around and grabbed the things needed to make pancakes. Also grabbing out a bowl. I then started to add all of the ingredients together. I then got a pan out and put it on the stove. I kept talked to Lucy quietly and figured out that she had had a nightmare. As I was making the pancakes, I could feel someone standing behind me. I was still talking to Lucy whilst he stood there.

"And Uncle Matt thinks I don't know he is standing there," I said a little louder so he could hear.

I felt Lucy's head lift off my shoulder and her hand move. I assumed she was waving at him. I then felt her chin fall onto my shoulder.

"Hi," Matt said walking up behind me looking over my shoulder while I flip a pancake and then put it onto the plate.

"Good Morning Matt. There is coffee in the coffee pot. Can you cut up some fruit these pancakes are almost done?" I asked him

"Thanks. What fruit do you want?"

"Strawberries and Blueberries. Please"

He then turned away and walked over to the cupboard and grabbed a mug. He then went to the fridge and got out the fruit. I then put the last pancake onto the plate I turned around with Lucy still in my arms and put them on the table. I then put Lucy on her chair with the booster seat and sit next to her and Matt sits on the other side. I pour Lucy a cup of orange juice and grabbed a couple of pancakes and cut it up putting on some syrup and fruit. I then put them in front of her with a fork. I then got mine and we sat and ate in silence.

After breakfast, I rinsed off the dishes and put them in the dishwasher then put it on. I then wiped off Lucy's face. I then helped her down off the chair.

"Hey, can you go upstairs and find something to wear. I will be up in a minute I just have to talk to Uncle Matt." I told Lucy. She gave me a little nod and then ran off upstairs.

I quickly put the dishes in the dishwasher before heading upstairs to help Lucy. I walk into her room to see her pulling out the last part of her outfit. 

Author's Notes 

Hey guys sorry, it has been a while since I posted last. i went away for a while and did not have internet. I also just went back to school and am a week in. I will try to upload a bit more but may be difficult as I will have homework and assignments to do but will try my best. Hope you are liking the book so far.