Chapter 5 ~ Fitting In

Brooklyn's POV

After Chief dismissed us Casey and I Picked up my things and he showed me around. I didn't ask many questions I could clearly tell something was on his mind. I just nodded and followed him. As we walk to the designated areas, I put the right things in the right places. Then he excuses himself. I take this time to put my things in my locker. Taping up my pictures of my friends and family. I them get changed quickly and put my spare clothes in my locker. I then get the tape ripping a piece off and writing my name of it. I then hear someone walk in.

"Z – I – V – A." he spells out

I turn and look at him. "Ziva." I tell him and he nods

"Capp. Nice to meet you Ziva." He says holding out his hand.

I shake it "Thanks" I said. He then walked out. I walked out into the bunk room and find a spare bunk. I then walk out and into the turnout room and grabbed my coat, pants, boots, SCBA, and helmet and put them all by the truck. And my SCBA in truck I then took my helmet and I stood there looking at it. It was so new. It felt like starting a new chapter of my life. Then the bells went off

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25 – multi car accident 24th and Wabash."

This was my first call. I kicked off my boots and pulled on my turnout pants and turnout coat and hopping into the truck and putting on my helmet.

Sitting in the truck was more awkward then this morning in the Chiefs office. Casey then turned around and looked at me and then the rest of truck.

"Guys this is Brooklyn Ziva or Ziva. Ziva this is Otis, Mouch, and Kidd. Now quit the silence and talk to her get to know her and welcome her ask her back story when we get back when we have our morning meeting." He said.

They all said hello and it made things a little less stale. Pulling up Casey gave orders.

"Otis, Kidd check the minivan, Mouch, go join squad Ziva you're on my hip." He tells us. Putting is radio up to his mouth "Hey Severide sending Mouch over your way." He then turns around "Come on, watch and do say as and don't do anything, I don't tell you. Here put this on." He tells me handing me a radio belt.

I put it on and turn to him just as he goes to walk away. "Look with all due respect Captain I can be joined with Mouch I'm not a candidate." I tell him.

"Look I understand but you did get transferred here and I quote 'Ziva became hot headed and put her life and other lives in danger' is what we got told. So, until you can prove you can keep you temper under control and do your job without putting your life or others at risk, I will treat you like a candidate. Got it?" he said to me

"Got it." I answered kind of pissed. I then followed him over to a SUV the got T-boned. In the car there was a mother and a daughter. The daughter would not be over 4 and crying at the top of her lungs. Giving up on what Casey told me I went around the other side and got in to sooth the little girl or we would of got nothing achieved.