9

"You didn't tell me you went out last night." Dylan stated as he and Quinn headed back to Quinn's apartment.

"Oh, yeah. It was kind of last-minute." Quinn said. "I totally forgot."

"It didn't sound like you forgot." Dylan responded. "The way you talked to Noah and about him."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

"Come on, Quinn. You're almost as smart as me." Dylan noted. "You can figure it out."

"I'm almost as smart as you?" Quinn folded her arms.

"I don't see you practicing law." Dylan shrugged.

Quinn rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying it sounds like you still care about your ex." Dylan stated.

"He's Beth's father." Quinn reminded Dylan. "We'll always care about each other."

"Like that?" Dylan asked. "Like you're in love?"

"We're not." Quinn said. "You just... You don't get it because you haven't experienced it."

"Then explain it to me." Dylan requested.

Quinn shook her head. "Let's just go back to my place and get some sleep."

"I have to do some work tonight." Dylan told Quinn. "But I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

-

When Quinn got home, she saw she had a missed call from Puck so she decided to call him back.

"Hey, Q."

"Hey." Quinn replied. "I'm sorry about Dylan interrogating you after dinner."

"Oh, it's cool." Puck said. "Thanks though."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"So what's up?" Puck wondered.

"I was just returning your call." Quinn said.

"Oh..." Puck muttered. "That was a butt-dial. Didn't you see my text?"

"I didn't." Quinn responded.

"You didn't have to call me back, but I'm glad that you did." Puck told Quinn.

"Yeah?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah, I miss you." Puck said. "I went to Shelby's for dinner tonight and this girl who looked like you was there, but she wasn't you."

"What?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"She seemed... different with her boyfriend around." Puck clarified. "Not her usual cute little dorky self."

"You forgot beautiful." Quinn reminded Puck.

"And confident." Puck noted.

Quinn smiled slightly. "Do you wanna come over? Dylan had to work again."

Puck paused for a moment.

"I wanna talk to you about something and I'd rather do that face-to-face and get it out of the way." Quinn explained.

"Yeah, alright." Puck said. "I'll be there soon."

"Bye, Noah."

"Bye, Q."