8

Quinn took Dylan's hand and followed Shelby into the dining room where Beth and Puck were seated. Max was sitting on the floor by Puck's feet.

"Beth, come say hi." Shelby commanded.

Beth got up and walked over to Quinn. She hugged her. "Hi, Mommy Quinn!"

"Hi, B." Quinn grinned as she picked Beth up and kissed her cheek. "You need to stop getting so big."

"You're gonna be bigger than Mommy soon." Puck added as he stood up and looked at Quinn and Beth.

Quinn smiled. "Hey, Noah."

"Hey." Puck said as he kissed Quinn's cheek. He took Beth from her and put her on his hip as he looked at Dylan. "Who's this?"

"Daddy, that's Dylan." Beth told Puck as she put her arms around Puck's neck.

"Nice to meet you, Derek." Puck replied.

"Dylan." Quinn corrected Puck.

"Right." Puck nodded as he put out his hand. "Noah Puckerman."

"Nice to meet you, Noah." Dylan muttered as he shook Puck's hand. "And thank you for your service. Beth said something about it the last time Quinn and I were here."

"Is that right, Monkeyface?" Puck asked as he tickled Beth's sides.

Beth giggled happily and squirmed out of Puck's arms. "Can we eat now, Mommy? I'm hungry."

Shelby nodded. "Yeah, everyone take a seat."

Shelby sat at the head of the table. Beth sat beside Puck on one side of the table. Quinn sat across from Puck, leaving Dylan across from Beth.

Max started growling when Dylan sat down.

"Max, quiet." Puck scolded.

"Mommy Quinn, did you meet Max yet?" Beth wondered. "Daddy said he makes him all better."

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "He's doing good, right? Daddy looks good."

"He does." Beth agreed.

"You had us all worried, Noah." Shelby added. "But you really woke up and you got back into music, and you're doing good."

Puck nodded. "Yeah, I've played at that café by Santana's place a few times."

"Have you?" Shelby asked.

"Yeah, just trying some original stuff out." Puck explained as he glanced at Quinn. "Rachel had pretty much all the glee kids there last night."

"Was he good, Quinn?" Shelby wondered.

"Quinn didn't go." Dylan said as he looked at blonde.

"Actually, I did." Quinn admitted as she looked at Puck and Shelby. "And he was good. He always is."

"He is." Beth agreed.

"He has one of the best voices of all the kids that were in glee club, and he knows it." Quinn said with a shrug. "But I'm also biased so..."

Puck smiled slightly. "Thanks, Q."

Quinn smiled back.

"Shelby, everything is delicious." Dylan noted, intentionally changing the subject.

"Oh, thank you, but I didn't cook tonight." Shelby replied.

"Daddy did." Beth told Dylan. "He's the best at it."

"Man, what's with all the compliments tonight, huh? Keep 'em coming." Puck joked.

"Alright, alright." Shelby muttered, shaking her head. "Don't get a big head now."

"No one's been this nice to me since I came home." Puck noted.

"Beth, how's school going?" Quinn asked. "And dance class?"