Chapter 14: No

"Mr. Kim you have a visitor," a tall, slim woman told the CEO, who was sitting at his desk seriously, going through some papers.

"Send them in Seolhyun." Suddenly, a young boy walked into his office. Mr. Kim, Younghoon's father, looked up in curiosity, face stern and intimidating. "And who might you be?"

"Hello, sir. My name is Ji Changmin. I'm on the danc--"

Mr. Kim's face scrunched up, his eyes turning fierce and intimidating. "I know who you are. Sit down," Mr. Kim demanded. Changmin took a seat in front of Mr.Kim's desk.

"Can I help you with something?" Mr. Kim condescendingly asked in a rude tone.

"Mr. Kim please let Younghoon dance with us Friday! He's practiced really hard for this and I gave up a lot of my time to work with him one-on-one. Your son is really talented and can dance really wel--"

"Younghoon is busy Friday. He's attending to a client meeting with me. I'm sure he's already told you. You should know already that the answer is no. No discussion."

Changmin sighed and bit his tongue. "Mr. Kim I know what you're trying to do. But respectfully put your son doesn't want to do banking or business! He wants to dance! And he's very good at it. Please let him perform. You can even watch him perform, I'm sure he would like that. Why can't you just support him in something he genuinely likes?" Changmin tried his best to reason with Younghoon's father.

"You kids...won't you realize that dancing won't make you successful? Younghoon needs to walk down a path that will make him successful. He needs to do something that will help him make money and have a good future. My apologies Changmin but the answer is a firm no."

"Mr. Kim...Younghoon loves to dance. He lights up every time he gets to do it. I understand you want him to be successful, but don't you want him to be happy? Let him do what makes him happy. Please. You won't regret it."

Mr. Kim returned to his work not giving the boy anymore of his attention.

"All Younghoon wants to do is make you proud. But you're destroying him with all the pressure you're putting on him, and by forcing him to do something he doesn't want to. I just hope you reconsider because your son has a gift. And by you denying him his gift, you're taking away something that makes him happy and something that makes him feel alive."

Mr. Kim didn't look up, only offering the boy one reply. "Get out of my office."

Changmin sighed in disappointment, knowing there was no winning this battle. He placed a ticket and program to the showcase on his father's desk before calmly leaving the office feeling disappointed.

After Changmin left Mr. Kim looked in front of him, his uncaring eyes meeting the showcase ticket. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, taking the ticket and program, pushing them aside. Suddenly his call box beeped.

"Mr. Kim your son is here. Are you done with your visitor?" Mr. Kim had been expecting Younghoon in order to prep him for the business meeting and what to expect, how to talk to the client, etc. However, after Changmin's sudden visit the topic of their conversation would be much different.

Mr. Kim pushed the call button before firmly speaking into it. "Yes. Send him in Seolhyun," he seriously said.

Mr. Kim jotted a few more notes down before his son was suddenly standing in the doorframe. Younghoon bowed at 90 degrees. "Father."

"Sit down Younghoon we need to talk." His father's serious tone and angry demeanor made it clear he was angry about something, and Younghoon was not looking forward to the conversation they were about to have.