Episode IX Prediction #14 The Title

Now we come to the most exciting part: the title!

I really should have made a chapter about this before the trailer was released but these were some of my ideas:
The Return of the Last Jedi
From darkness
The Dark Prince (referring to Ben)
The Dark Knight Rises (because, Kylo Master of the knights of Ren Rises out of darkness & I couldn't help myself)
I will not be the last Jedi
Into balance
The Last hope

I really should have made a chapter about this before the trailer was released but these were some of my ideas: The Return of the Last Jedi From darkness The Dark Prince (referring to Ben) The Dark Knight Rises (because, Kylo Master of the knights...

Here's the title!

I love it! I think this title surprised me the most of any Star Wars movie, I wasn't expecting the Force Awakens at all, so the whole thing was a surprise to me

I love it!
I think this title surprised me the most of any Star Wars movie, I wasn't expecting the Force Awakens at all, so the whole thing was a surprise to me. The Last Jedi surprised me, but not. I knew that the movie would reintroduce Luke Skywalker and he is the Last Jedi, so it wasn't a huge surprise to me.
But the Rise of Skywalker was pretty unexpected.
So most Star Wars titles have multiple meanings.
(I'm not doing the prequels because their titles have literal meanings)

A New Hope
The obvious meaning of this title is that Luke is a new hope.
But there's more to it than that. Obi Wan Kenobi was Leia's only hope, but it was Luke who rescued her and became her new hope.
I also feel that this title is just as much about Leia as it is Luke. She is hope. All of her best quotes are about hope.
"Hope." -Leia, Rogue One
"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." - Leia, A New Hope
(And my personal favorite, even though it wasn't spoken by her the ones who said it were quoting her.)
"Hope is like the sun, if you only believe in it when you see it, how will you get through the night?" - the Last Jedi
Also Rogue One gives the title new meaning.
"Rebellions are built on hope."
At the end of Rogue One someone asked Leia what the Death Star plans were, her answer was: "hope"
So A New Hope, (after Rouge One came out) could also be talking about the Death Star plans, depending upon your point of view.

The Return of the Jedi
(I'm skipping The Empire Strikes Back, just because it really doesn't have but one obvious meaning, just like the prequel titles)
The Return of the Jedi is most importantly describing Anakin's return from the Dark Side, He is the Jedi who returned.
But this can also describe the return of the Jedi, as in the time of the Jedi has returned. Remember a group of Jedi is spelt the same way as one Jedi.