20 || Promised you forever

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A DAY LATER*

February 18, 2012.

-Hongbin's POV-

Today Kun and I are about to see each other, we planned this after seeing each other at the gym and after all, he wants to tell me some things about Len. We agreed on seeing each other at my last apartment which doesn't count with Len's supervision; the places we can meet each other aren't an easy pick, after all, Len stills searching for me.

Currently, I'm inside the apartment waiting for Kun to arrive, and I was just looking down to the floor hoping for good news, and of course, Kun being in a good shape.

-Is that how you are when you are worried? – Kun asked.

Immediately, I looked up at him and stare at his smile. I got towards him and hugged him tightly.

-Honestly, every time I have to see you, I'm scared that you can't make it – I admitted.

He chuckled at tad before hugging me tighter. -You shouldn't worry, I'm strong – Kun patted my back before getting apart from me.

-Is there something wrong? – I asked while looking at him sitting down on the couch.

-Is better if you take a seat – Kun sighed.

I sat beside him and looked at him worriedly.

-Len moved Hyorin to a mansion – Kun told.

-What? Which mansion? – I asked.

-I'm not sure, he asked me to cover up my eyes with a blindfold – Kun admitted.

-He's suspecting about you – I murmured. -Kun-hyung, you can't get back in there, he's not having the same confidence with you – I told.

-You can't ask me that, I have to be there for Hyorin, I'm not leaving her alone in there – Kun spoke. -Hongbin, I'll be fine – He said while holding my shoulder.

-Hyung, I don't want to risk you too, please – I begged.

-Hongbin, think about what you are asking me to do. Leaving Hyorin isn't an option, and especially not now – Kun sighed.

-Why? Why do you say that, hyung? – I questioned concerned.

-The reason why Hyorin is at a mansion has to do with Len's new plans, he told me that he wants to find you but not only because you owe him things – Kun said, he looked away. -He's developing an obsession for her, and it's getting to a point where he wants to keep Hyorin for himself. Now, he wants to kill you to have none obstacles on the way – He explained.

-T-That bastard – I stuttered while closing my fists tightly.

-Before you go insane, I want you to contact your brother – Kun ordered. -Here are some pieces of evidence that Hyorin and I got from Len's place, this way you won't go to jail – He assured.

-How you got this? – I asked while taking the envelope.

-Hyorin. She got inside Len's office and gathered the phone calls and emails Len sent to the guy you killed, by the things she got it seems that everything was set up. And you also have the location from that guy's house, I got it just in case – Kun spoke.

-I hate that she's risking herself so much – I said while looking at the envelope.

-I know, I honestly feel the same, and I'm worried about her – Kun admitted. -Len is going to try and get into her mind, and I'm not sure if she's going to be good at knowing how Len lies – He said concerned.

-Hyung, I trust her, she knows how these things work – I said. -Now, when do I have to talk with my brother? – I asked.

-As soon as possible, we need to make sure they know before anything else happens – Kun said, then his phone started to ring. -Is Len, I'll be going now, but keep in mind what I told you – He said before hugging me.

-I will, thanks hyung – I said with a settle smile.

-No problem, take care buddy – Kun said before ruffling my hair, then he got out of my apartment.

I looked at the envelope and then took a look on my phone.

Hakyeon-hyung has been calling me, missing texts from Hyuk, and a voicemail from Leo.

I took a deep breath and stood up from the couch, I started to walk around the living room with one thing on my mind; talking with my brother after being apart for so long, I can't even count the years. I don't know if he's going to believe me, or how he'll react by knowing what I did after going away from home.

I walked towards my room where I have some things inside the drawers and the closet, I started to look around and found another gun.

Typical?

Money in a bag, sunglasses; seems that I was about to run away. I looked inside the bedside table and saw a red flower; it was dry but holding its shape.

"-Tada! – Hyorin said before removing her hand from my eyes.

-A rose, how romantic – I chuckled.

-Yah! Don't you like it? – She asked while looking at me.

-I do, but I have the best rose beside me – I smiled while caressing her cheek.

-Now, who's the romantic? – Hyorin teased before touching our noses playfully.

She laid down beside me and started to snuggle next to me, then I let out a sigh while holding the rose.

-I want to be with you like this, forever – I spoke.

-Me too, but we can't, for now – She said while looking at me.

-But you do love me, right? – I asked.

-I do, and I know you love me too – She said while looking at me happily.

-Always – I smiled.

I got closer to her face and started to kiss her lips smoothly, she leaned in while caressing the back of my neck, and as the kiss started to get longer, she started to smile more and more.

-I know this will sound way too corny but, I'll always be there for you, and I'll protect you forever – I spoke.

-I love your corniness, and you have to know that I'll do everything for us to be together. That's a promise – Hyorin smiled before kissing my cheek."

The memory of her just brings me back the time when we first met, in a robbery, and then we discovered that we had more than a couple of friends in common. How crazy. But I'm happy that everything changed after I met her, I'm happy that nowadays I don't want to keep on going to the bad side after she taught me so many lessons about life.

I promised to protect her, and that's what I'm going to do. I won't let her drown alone; I'll be there for her. Always.