Drarry-Broken (Modern Au)

(Not edited)

It was 8th year. Harry and his friends went back to Hogwarts after the war. Everyone was happy that the war was over. Many people's lives were lost, but those who survived stayed positive. Harry though wasn't happy. He had many nightmares from the war and had PTSD. He was also suffering from depression. His friends thought he was fine, since Harry always had up a fake smile and "laughed" when necessary, but he felt nothing except pain and sadness. Little did he know he wasn't the only one.

Harry's P.O.V.

I was scrolling though Tumblr when I got a message. I was about to ignore it since I got a lot of messages, when I realised that I was on my private account no one knew of.

I went in to my Tumblr messages and saw a message from an account called "Snake_Prince". I tapped on it.

SP: Hi, I stumbled across your account and I relate to your posts quite a lot. The pictures you post are also really beautiful and I feel like the pictures express some type of emotion and I can feel them, by just looking at them. You'll probably never see this and I'm probably ranting to a stranger by now, but going through your account I notice you've been posting for almost over two years now. I don't want to say that I know how you feel, as I barley know you, but I know one thing we both have in common. We're both broken. 

I sat shocked at the message. I'll be honest, I did post pictures and give them some type of quote and they were meant to be sad. In, for example Ron's view he would just see a picture with a quote underneath it, but no one noticed the real meaning behind them. I had a few hundred followers and always got comments of how pretty the pictures were, but never something of " Are you okay? Or These are actually really sad." I got nothing of the sorts.

So someone messaging me, and figuring out my darkest secret through a few posts meant that they were suffering to. As he said we're both broken. I gave a small smile. I finally have someone who understands my pain.... After a few moments, I replied.

HP: Thanks for noticing. Um I'm glad that my posts can be relatable to some one, but I guess that isn't really a good thing now is it ? And well you're correct. I've been like this even before I started posting, it sadly started at a really young age. Once I thought things would get better they only got worse... What's your name by the way?

SP: I guess your right, and I'm sorry for you having to suffer at such a young age. No one should feel like this so young or for so long. And I don't feel comfortable sharing my name so just call me DM.

HP: Of course, well you can call me HP. If I may ask for how long have you been like this ? (I'm sorry if that sounded rude)

SP: It's fine. And about 3 years. It started at the last bit of my year when I was 15 and right in to 16 and has only gotten worse right up to the age of 18. I'm honestly not sure how I managed to survive this long.

HP: I understand. If you also don't mind me asking, I understand if you don't want to tell me as we barley know each other, but what was the biggest cause of it....

SP: No it's fine, I feel like I can speak my mind with you...Um well it's most probably my parents and just school in general. I had fake friends and my parents forced me to be mean and unkind to everyone when I didn't want to be and if I disobeyed them I would get punished, mostly my father, but my mother did nothing to stop it. What's your reason? (It's only fair as I told you mine)

HP: Um well my parents died when I was very young so I had to live with my abusive aunt and uncle along with my cousin who used my as a punching bag. After I turned 11 I was always in danger and everyone tried and still does try to live my life for me. I was judged and if something strange happened everyone would point there fingers to me.

SP: Wow, you have a rough life, I thought mine was bad, but I guess I can relate on the trying to live my life for me thing. My parents did the same.

I smiled. I guess we both really were broken.

That's how I started spending most of my days. They were always filled with conversations with DM. We grew quite a close bond and became really close friends. My curiosity getting the better of me I wanted to figure out who he is.

HP: Hey so I was wandering, who are you? I really want to know as we've grown quite close. I'll tell you who I am. I know I can't be the only one curious of to who other is.

At that moment Malfoy stepped in to the 8th year common. I nodded to him in greeting. He and I weren't on bad terns anymore, but we didn't speak much. He nodded back and sat on a chair in front of the fire.

SP: Yeah, but I'm kinda scared you'll ditch me or don't want to be my friend anymore if I do.

HP: I wouldn't dare do that, and I know you wouldn't leave me as well. It would send us both over the edge and you know it. I've grown to care for you DM, as cheesy as it sounds.

I heard Malfoys phone ding. I ignored it and waited for a response from DM.

Sp: I guess you're right but still !! I don't know, I guess I am really curious to know who you are as well but....

HP: But what?? Face it there's not really a reason for us not to tell each other who we are. We both promised to stick together no latter what.

Malfoy's phone dinged.

HP: Matter*

It dinged again.

I looked up towards him confused. He returned the confused look. He quickly typed something and my phone dinged. I looked down

Sp: HP.....

I gasped and looked back up and saw Malfoy's eyes widen

HP: DM....is this a joke ??

SP: It can't be....

I looked back up and made eye contact with Mafloy. Tears started brimming my eyes. The person I trusted the most and grew very close to in the past few weeks is...

"HP?" "DM?" We both asked at the same time. My breath hitched and I looked down at my phone and up again. Mafloy looked scared..... That's why he thought I would leave him. Well I made a promise and I'm not going to break it now.

I stood up. "I...I....I." He stuttered, probably thinking that I was going to leave, but to his surprise I sat next to him and to surprise him even more I pulled him in to a hug.

"Thank you for fixing me." I whispered in to his ear. He relaxed and returned the hug. "Thank you for making me whole again."

We were just to broken souls who need each other to be repaired.