Chapter 18

Nicki Minaj POV

"I just don't know what happened wit' us. Like, like we just fell apart." I said.

Me and Safaree both go to therapy to discuss our problems, so far we ain't gettin' anywhere. Neither of us wanna admit to what we did to wind up here. Both of us wanna be the right one and make the other one the bad guy. So far, we both losin'that battle 'cause she lookin' at us like we crazy. I figure she sense our bullshit 'cause I don't buy it and I know Safaree ain't.

I'ma lil' outta my mind since I just found out not too long ago that August is inna hospital. Now, we here tryna discuss our issues that we not really admittin' to.

I know I should woman up and admit to it but at the same time I'm on some dumb shit. Bein' childish and all that but at the same time if Safaree ain't cheat I wouldn't either.

"All I'm sayin' is that we both lost sight in each other, but, I wanna marry her. I wanna have a life wit' her." Safaree said.

"You know what nobody will get anywhere by being in the same room, so Safaree can you exit the room so we can have a one-on-one talk." Ms. Evans said.

"So y'all can plot against me? Damn! I'll go then." Safaree said then he leaves.

Safaree leaves the room and instantly I feel relief when he is gone. I can feel like I can finally breathe again.

"Nicki, or do you want me to call you Onika?" Ms. Evans asks.

"Nicki is fine." I said.

"So, is there anything, anything that you would like to share with me? He's not here." Ms. Evans said.

"What is there you want to know? We fell apart after ten years. Ten years of our lives and we just fell apart." I said.

"Nicki, I cannot help you if you don't tell me your issue. Relationships don't just fall apart unless there is something else." Ms. Evans said.

"Were there old flames? Lies? Did he cheat or vice versa? You work often so is that what it could be?" Ms. Evans asks.

I sigh hard when she pulls out her clipboard and nods her head. "So that's what it is?"

"I just found out that Safaree has been cheatin'. Then I turn 'round and cheated too. We broke up and took time off to be 'round other's before we realized that we still had somethin'. Now he wants to marry me and I feel uncertain. I haven't been wit' anybody else since our last incident. Just him." I confess.

"Whenever a spouse cheats, of usually because of lack in the relationship or just for the thrill of it. Some are temptation and sometimes it can mean an ending to a relationship. Cheating has a lot of different reasons. Especially in a males case." Ms. Evans said.

"But, we always come back to each other. He's the man that I had been wit' for years." I said.

"Sometimes things can happen for a reason, Nicki. I had a client that has been with each other for fourteen years and only been married for four years. They didn't make it." Ms. Evans said.

I shrug. "What does that mean?"

"You can be with someone your whole life but that doesn't mean a thing if two aren't really wanting to make one." Ms. Evans said.

"But, I love him." I said.

"Just by how you said it, in your eyes, your mind clearly says that you love him." Ms. Evans said.

"I do," noddin' my head.

"But, sadly your heart says another." Ms. Evans said. I shake my head.

"You have to ask yourself questions. Is this the man I really want to spend the rest of my life with? Is this the man that I would die for? Does he really love me? Do I really love him? Or someone else?" Ms. Evans said.

"You have to ask yourself these questions. If not, you may never find those answers you are looking for." She adds.

"Is there anyone else that you care for?" Ms. Evans asks me.

"No," I shake my head, lyin' to myself.

My cell phone vibrates in my pocket when I take it out to see a text message:

Drake(Drizzy): I know where August is.

Me: Okay boo txt me where he at and I'll come. Is he okay?

I put my phone away to see Ms. Evans lookin' dead at me as she then writes. "Who is it Nicki?" She asks me one last time.

"No one." I said.