Ch.9

*4 months later*

I know I just did a time skip but I had plans for when Brody is 4 months and stuff. So plus I couldn't think of anything so here we go.

*_*_*_*

Kodi's P.o.V

I fluttered my eyes open to no Luke. Of course. We got into a fight last night. He was drunk and I couldn't get Brody to sleep without him here. Brody doesn't sleep unless his daddy kisses him. It's something Luke has done from day one. He threw off the routine.

Flashback:

"Cmon bubba go to sleep." I continued to bounce him.

He was crying and screaming at the top of his lungs. It's 2:30 am and he won't go to sleep.

"C'mon Brody daddy just went out. If you go to sleep he'll come back." I said.

He continued to cry and I sat down giving up. I looked at his dull eyes full of sadness and tired. I laid him on my chest and he cried. I rubbed circles in his back and felt my eyes tear up. I started crying.

"I know bubba I miss him to. I want him to come home to bubba." I said quietly.

I got up and walked upstairs into his room. I grabbed his little penguin and placed him in his crib. I put the penguin by him and kissed his forehead. I ran my fingers through his hair. I turned the lullaby thing on and the penguins danced the room. He started to stop crying and closed his eyes.

I walked downstairs still slightly crying. The door flew open and I jumped. I looked at the door and it was Luke.

"Where have you been?!" I stood up.

"Bar with Ashton." He shrugged.

"Don't just shrug about it Lucas I just now put your son down for sleep! I couldn't get him to go to sleep because you were out! Luke you know he can't get to sleep without you there to help him!" I shouted.

"Well I can see him now." He protested.

"Um no you aren't going near him." I stopped him.

"Why?!" He shouted.

"Because you're drunk Luke! You aren't going near him drunk!" I shouted.

"He's my son that I wanna see!" He said.

"Well you should've thought of that before going out to the bar with Ashton!" I shouted.

I grabbed a blanket and pillow, "Either your sleeping down here or you've got no choice."

I threw him the stuff and he looked surprised.

"You're kidding?!" He shouted.

"Nope." I jogged upstairs and locked our bedroom door.

I sat up and sighed. I went to the closet and picked out clothes for today. I went in the loo and changed. It was a lace shirt with a white undershirt, pink shorts, sandals and a flower crown. I put the clothes on and let my hair cascade down my back. I placed the flower crown on my head. The sandals were downstairs.

I walked out and into Brody's room. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey bubba." I said.

I picked him up and walked downstairs. Luke wasn't on the couch. Great. I walked in the kitchen and there was a piece of paper on the fridge.

Dear Kodi,