Why

Dipper's POV:

Hi, I'm Dipper.
The girl about to puke is my sister Mabel.
You may be wondering how we got in this mess.
Rest assured, there is a perfectly logical explanation for this.

*Rewind*
It all started right as summer started.

"Mabel, don't you think it would be nice to visit your Grunkle Stan for summer?" Mom asked. "OMG! That sounds so fun!" Mabel replies smiling with her braces. "Then it's settled!" Both my parents say. To be honest, I don't really see them as my parents. They're more of Mabel's parents. Everyone favored her, she was perfect to them. In the beginning, I would take the fall for anything she did wrong. The reason was because I thought of her as family.

Soon enough though, she started to take advantage of me. Instead of me stepping up to take the blame, she would just automatically pin it on me. My parents always believed her. I was known as the trouble child because of this. Mabel was fun and smiles while I was smarts and survival. Everyone obviously favoured her. If this wasn't enough convincing for you, note how my parents didn't ask how I felt about going to our Grunkle's.

I was use to this treatment, so I ignored it. There was no point in fighting back. I was always blamed for everything anyway. I looked to my mother who was driving the car. She didn't even glance my way. I looked to my dad. He was busy reading the newspaper and ignoring everyone. I looked to my twin, Mabel. She was in hop skipping daisy land looking out the window and giggling to herself. To everyone, I was practically invisible. I looked back out the window of the car as we pulled into our driveway.

Not too long after Mabel ran inside screaming delight, my parents pulled me aside. "Listen Mason, we want you to look after your sister while in Gravity Falls." Mom said. "Yes, don't let her get too boy-crazy, I don't want my little girl to grow up yet." Dad cut in. "But let her have space to be her own self as well. Don't drag her into another of those 'Adventures' or 'Mystery Hunts' again." Mom continued to ramble on what to do and what not to do while dad cut in evey now and then. I, however, was sent back to the very day my trust was shattered.

~Flashback Start~

"Hey, Dip-dop! What you doing?" Mabel comes up with a smile. "Oh, just trying to treausure hunt!" Her eyes lit up, "OMG!!! An adventure! Can I come?!" She puppy-dog eyed me. "Sure. Just be careful." She rolled her eyes, " Dipper, when am I not careful?" There were many examples but I decided not to mention it and let her have her moment. "So, where are we going?" Mabel snaps me out of thought. I smile, "The cemetary." I've always had a fascination with scary movies, stories of gore, cemetaries, anything mysterious or horror related and I love it. I kept most of it a secret and pretended to be just as freaked out or scared when I'm really laughing and making jokes.

She seemed put off by this and I genuinly thought she was gonna back out. "Hey, Mabel. You don't have to come if you don't want to." Something changed in her expression. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. "Are you calling me a scaredy-cat? That's low bro." I was taken aback. Mabel has never raised her voice or insulted me directly before. "Look, I'm going to the cemetary and you're not allowed to follow, got it?!" Before I could answer she stormed off. I was shocked to say the least. Tears stung the corners of my eyes but I pushed them away.

An hour later and Mabel hadn't come back. I was getting worried and my parents were freaking out. When I told them she was at the cemetary they raced out the door. What happened next scarred me. Mable was in the middle of the cemetary. Bruised and battered, blood everywhere. My parents called an ambulance and shortly after arriving at the hospital, Mabel woke up. She looked at me with hate and faked fear as she blamed me. Saying I forced her to go, that it was all my fault.

~Flashback End~

After that day, I never did anything again. I avoided her, hardly spoke to anyone, and never trusted anyone again. If someone talkes to you or even glanced at you, they had an alterior motive. Call me paranoid, but can you blame me? After the one person I trusted with my life betrayed me, how could I not? I was never the same after that. Being brought back to the present by a shove from behind to my room, I looked back to see my parents ignoring my existance again. It's like they wished I was never born. Whatever, I had to pack my stuff for summer.

Opening the door to my room, I saw Mabel stuffing a million sweaters into her suitcase. I turned around and packed everything I would need and a bit more just in case. I packed some toys for entertainment such as, a rubix cube, a deck of cards, and some art supplies. Once that was done, I went to sleep as Mabel jumped around squealing about 'Summer Romance.' Yeah, I could tell this summer was gonna be sooo fun. I mentally rolled my eyes and drifted into an unsteady sleep.