Chapter 10 {Beth's POV}

Beth’s POV

Shadow and I were pacing as we wondered why our names had been called out for the meeting. “Maybe we’re going to be in charge of our cabins while the counselors are gone”, Shads suggested, looking up.

“I don’t think that’s i-“, I was saying before a voice cut me off, yelling my name. I looked around in confusion to see who it was trying to catch my attention.

“BETH!” it yelled again, getting closer. I gasped as I realized it was none other than the son of Poseidon himself, Mister Perseus Jackson. I froze, silently making sure there was no other Beth he was talking to. There wasn’t, and I cursed under my breath. By this time, Shadow had stopped pacing, and stood on the spot, waiting to hear Percy’s news.

Finally, he caught up to Shadow and I, panting as he caught his breathe. Finally, he started breathing normally again, and stood up properly. “Um, I asked Chiron before, and he said it was alright if you stayed in my cabin tonight…” he said, trailing off. I was frozen in shock. Percy, the savior of Olympus, asked me to stay in his cabin for the night. “Ya know, so you don’t have to stay in the same room as Drew…” he explained.

“Oh, um, yeah, that would be great, if you’re sure” I stammered, my heart beating faster.

“I’m sure”, he said, nodding his head to show his confirmation.

“Then yeah, I-I’d like that”, I replied, before realizing what I’d said and adding “Better than staying with Drew”.

“Cool, and, um, Chiron’s sorta waiting for you”, he added, jogging off towards the Big House. I turned and faced Shadow, who looked as shocked as I was.

“Was that real?” I asked her.

“Yup”, she confirmed, but I still didn’t believe it.

“Pinch me”, I instructed her. She did. And it hurt, a lot. “OW! It was real”, I confirmed.

“Oh my gods, Percy Jackson just asked you to spend the night with him”, she said, before snapping back into reality and squealing, jumping up and down, flapping her arms. Honestly, anyone would think she was a bird. Or my sister, at least.

“It wasn’t like that. He was just being nice. As usual” I said, watching him leave, before shaking myself back to reality. “Which reminds me, we gotta go”, I reminded Shads, as we both broke into a sprint towards the Big House.

A/N: So that's what Percy was asking Chiron about!

Bye my French-Fries

Beth xx