33 - Hurt

"Oh by the way, this might me the last time that I see you for a long while..."

Roger sat up right "what? why?".
"My mom saw that I was wearing your- well Freddies T-shirt and I didn't have the guts to tell her about us".
"So?" Roger frowned.
"So I'm grounded" I said. Roger took his lighter out and played with it, flicking it on and off "I don't see the problem" he mumbled "I'll just climb up here every time".
"No" I exclaimed "I don't want you risking breaking your neck every other day just for me".
Roger looked up at me and smiled "but it's so worth it".
"Debatable" I winked at him.

We stayed quiet for a while.
Roger had his eyes closed but around his forehead laid a concerned wrinkle. "Babe..." I said. Roger opened his eyes.
"What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing what-" I gave him a look. Roger mumbled "nothing is wrong, well I'm concerned for Fred, ya know..."
"And what else?" I nudged.
Roger closed his mouth, I gave him a second and then he said: "I guess... well my parents had a fight" he said softly, trying to brush it off.
After another second of silence he started talking more "I was visiting home and I was in my sister Claire's room, we were playing with her dolls or som'in".
I imagined rockstar Roger Taylor on the floor with his little sister, playing with dolls and smiled at that thought.

"Then we heard 'em shout, my parents I mean".
My smiled disappeared.
"My dad, he's a good man" Roger was struggling with his words, "it's just, when he gets ticked off, he can get... very angry and, aggressive, ya know".

Roger was still fiddling with his lighter, he hardly pushed his fingernails onto the metal in distress. I gently took his hand and took the lighter away. This calmed him down a bit so he talked more:
"It usually starts with my dad throwing things, plates or som'in... But sometimes he takes it, too far". Rogers voice cracked a little.
"I cover my sisters ears and try to distract her from the sound but I know I'm not always there... I live with Freddie now".

Rogers big blue eyes shimmered in the pale moonlight. He quickly sat upright and rubbed his nose to hide his eyes. I wanted to let him know that it was okay to cry, but I knew he wouldn't want to hear it.
I just put my arm around his waist and stared into the night with him.

hii everyone,
thanks for reading my story, it means a lot :,)
this chapter took a little bit of a darker turn, but Roger had stated in an interview that sometimes he struggled with domestic abuse in his family, so this is based in that.

Also: please let me know if you want more (descriptive) smut in this story because it might be coming up. Also what kind of smut would yall be into? (i'm so awkward lmao) let me know!

xoxo