37 - Doctor

I turned up the radio

"Aah aahaahaaa oohh"

Lap of the Gods was on! Rogers insane falsetto filled my room.
I turned the radio up even more and enjoyed hearing the Queen song. I kind of missed the band, and Roger of course.
I started cleaning my room when my mom burst through the door "turn that rubbish down!"
I swallowed, trying to refrain myself from getting mad. I turned the radio down and added as calmly as I could "I don't think it's rubbish."
My mom sniffed "just don't play it so loud, honey. The neighbors don't need to hear your alternative music taste".

My mom walked out and closed the door. Out of frustration I threw a teddy bear at the door. Queen wasn't 'alternative' Queen was just new, but they were so good.
I sneakily turned up the volume a bit and continued cleaning my room. After a while my mom came in again "Helena I need you to go to the store for me, we're all out of milk and some other things". I looked up "okay mum". She handed me a list and kissed me on the cheek "thanks honey".
I was excited to get out of the house even if it was just groceries. I got on my bike.
I was almost at the store when I recognized someone "Mary!".
Mary looked up "oh! Hi Helena". She smiled. "I was just going to get some groceries, how are you doing?" I asked.
Mary looked on edge "I was... going to the doctor for...ya know"

"Yeah, I heard" I said patting her arm in comfort. Mary looked so scared. "Do you need me to go with you? For like, emotional support?" I offered.
Mary looked relieved "really? That'd actually be really nice, how sweet of you".

I neglected my bike and walked with her. She told me that the pregnancy test came back positive and now she was going to the doctor to get it confirmed. I asked her how Freddie was and she told me that he was very supportive of her, but he was anxious for the future.
"I understand" I nodded. "Yeah" Mary said "oh we're here!".

We walked in and took place in the waiting room. "I wish Freddie were here too" Mary sighed "he had something important, with their manager I believe".

"Mary Austin?" An assistant called her name.

"Do I wait here?" I hesitated "yes thank you, see you in a bit Helena" Mary said nervously.

I sat back and waited.