bird, octane {☕︎}

oneshot where the reader has a hyacinth macaw & one special mexican falls in love

i have a soft spot for hyacinths, they are absolutely gorgeous & ppl need to focus on these beauties.

(this is a hyacinth macaw, they're the biggest macaw w/ a wingspan of 120cm/47inch)

(the foto aint mine, credit goes to @ hyacinth_rose6 on instagram)

Edit; i started capitalizing in the middle of this, sorry :(
edit 2: i didnt lmaoooo
edot 3: tryna get rid of drafts
-
male reader
sfw
fluff
-

y/n walked through the metal opening, ignoring all of the stares. freja nuzzled her beak against y/n's neck. petting the vibrant macaw, someone started to introduce him to his future allies and enemies.

"can i pet your bird?" a man asked, his mexian accent flowing with his words. y/n smiled politely, putting freja on the mexian's shoulder.

"oh, wow! ella es una belleza~" he cooed, petting the bird's neck. "what is it's name?" he asked, watching the mammal enjoy his touch.

"her name is freja, i've named her after my mother." y/n said, guiding the man to the couch, with the other legends.

eventually everyone took rounds petting freja, the bird happily jumping around in people's lap. eventually she hopped on bloodhound's lap but arthur (the crow) didn't like that at all.

the dark-colored bird started violently screaming at freja, in which the cerulean bird raised her feathers, looking twice as big as before. the owners separated their birds, freja screamed at arthur one last time before arthur was forced outside.

"that was intense, i never knew birds were like that." someone commented, y/n calming the now-sad freja. "dammit, now i have to deal with a depressed bird." he whines sitting on the couch. octavio questioned how, in which he looked octavio straight in the eyes.

"she does this thing when she does anything negative, even if she falls she gets sad and just sits there. " y/n said, trying to get the macaw to lighten up.

octavio reached out to pet her but freja raised her celeste feathers, making the mexican hesitate.

"i think my bird is broken." y/n sighed, letting freja do what she wanted to.

they laughed and decided to enjoy the evening, alcohol enlightened their enjoyment.

Y/n said his goodbyes before heading to his 'dorm', or whatever its called.

apparently he had to share with octavio since there was no rooms left, y/n didnt really mind company, he already has a depressed bird.

freja hops around on her own, in a better mood, she pushes things off of counters.

you know, as normal birds do.

the pair sits in the living room, checking their schedules and chatting around like two teenagers.

eventually, y/n find a duvet, blanket and pillow, he starts to turn the sofa into his bed. octavio watches from the kitchen, a small blush plasters on his face when y/n begins to undress.

the drowsy male throws his shirt off as well as the worn pants and slides under a big blanket.

octavio gives a lil pat to freja, mutters a goodnight and leaves.

.