It Starts With A Turtle Plush - Modern!John Laurens x Modern!Reader

(A/n:
Sorry that it short y'all but I'm in a fluffy mood! Also I know it's no where near Johns actual birthday but sHH! Enjoy the fluff!)
(UNEDITED)

"Oh I'm sorry!" I apologized to the person I had bumped into. I quickly turned the corner. Being late was embarrassing, especially considering that I was going to John Laurens's party. Only his close friends were invited and I fell under that category.

I've known John for a long time, but I still have trouble deciding what to get for his birthday party. He really appreciates everything and is such a people pleaser. I wanted to get him something special. So that's why I'm running behind.

Not because I couldn't find him anything, but because the store was packed. Then as I was second in line for check out some middle aged lady had the audacity to argue with the store clerk. So a ten minute argue later, I am finally getting checked out. The lady is banned from the store but I don't care.

I looked up at the old brick building. It's not a really old building but the texture of the bricks remind me of an old Brooklyn brick house. I buzzed Johns apartment to let him know I was here. After waiting in the hot weather, he finally buzzed back. I smiled to myself and entered the building.

I haven't seen John in a week, so I was excited to see him. Especially since I have a small crush on him. Oh well. It's small and it will stay  that way. If it becomes any bigger than it will ruin mine and Johns friendship. How? Well I would start to become a big mess around John and then I would get so embarrassed that I would stop going around him and then-

"(Y/n)! Hey!" I looked to see John standing in the hallway. I gave him a small smile. John returned one back. I shuffled my feet.

"I haven't seen you in a week, but it's felt longer than that." John said with a playful smile. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"How could you live that long without seeing me?!" I dramatically cried. John chuckled and pulled me into a hug. I felt my whole body freeze. How do you react to your crush hugging you? This rarely happens. I slowly wrapped my arms around John and hugged back.

"I don't know I did live that long." I felt my heart beat faster. No, no, no. I can't become like this right now. My cheeks were turning red and I felt all giddy inside.

"Yeah well I brought you a present." John quickly pulled back. His eyes were glittering like in an anime. How the hell is that physically possible, I don't know. It was cute though.

"Lemme open it!" I smiled and pulled out John's gift from my purse. The wrapping paper was messily wrapped considering I wrapped it while I was waking here. In a blink of an eye, wrapping paper was all over the floor. John screeched.

"YOU GOT ME A TURTLE PLUSHIE?!" John held the smal lime green turtle in his hands. It had pink cheeks and little black itty eyes. The shell was a dark green. It had a pink tongue sticking out. I giggled and nodded.

As John pulled me in, I thought it would be another hug. I was quickly surprised when I felt a pair of warm lips land on my cheek. My whole body felt warm and my eyes were wide.

"This is the best present ever. Thank you (Y/n)." His tone was soft, but I cleared my throat. Curse me for having emotions.

"N-No problem!" I squeaked. Stupid stuttering. John raised an eyebrow and smirked. Oh no.

"Are you blushing?"
"NO!"