Chapter 28 Sacrifice

Rumples POV

Oh Belle. I rub her back gently, letting her know I was there, but not smothering her.

"What are you doing..." She coughed between wretches.

"Shhh..." I soothed her.

She stopped but still leaned forward and put a shaking hand to her head. I rub her shoulder gently as she takes staggered breaths.

Have I really made her this ill? Oh Belle you have no idea how deeply sorry I am...

I could feel the tears coming and I look up into the starry nights, be strong, be strong for her.

She pulled away, slowly and shakily got to her feet.

She turned to face me, she was an unhealthy shade of white.

"Oh Belle..." I breath, gasping for air.

"Don't..." She said, scrunching her face up, wiping a tear with her sleeve.

"You don't understa-"

"Please, don't make this any harder than it already is..." She begged, taking a step back.

My eyes lurched forward, thinking she'd crossed the line.

I sighed in relief, she hadn't.

Belle frowned. Why is she so confused.

"I think...I think you need to go..." She gulped, clearly not wanting to say those words.

"But-"

Her eyes stopped me from uttering anything else.

She looked so fragile, so broken.

"Please, just - don't go any further..." I begged, reaching my hand out.

She looked down and stared at it.

I close my eyes, wishing to be far away from where I am now.

I opened them and she was staring at me.

"You have to know I didn't mean it, any of it..." I plead.

She put her hand to her forehead, closing her eyes.

"...why..." Was all she could whisper.

"I needed her to trust me, I needed her to believe in me, just for a second, my dagger was in the middle of us, it was the only way I could get close to it!" I say, inching closer.

She flinched and jumped back.

"Belle!" I shout, but she still wasn't over.

I'm scared out of my mind.

"You could have said anything..." She said, tears now rolling down her cheeks.

"I know and I will regret it forever...but you have to know.... I didn't mean it!" I said, walking forward, grabbing her shoulders.

"...really...?" She gasped, staring up at me.

I couldn't help but laugh through my tears.

"Of course, Belle, I love you," I said, lifting my hand to her cheek.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said...and you don't, you don't have to forgive me...just please, don't. cross. the. line."

She gulped and looked away.

"I know it will be hard to trust me again..." I falter.

She sighed sadly again, brushing her hands though her hair. Leaving them on her head.

"Belle..."

She dropped her arms.

"I need you..." My vision was blurred by tears. I blink furiously so I can see her face.

Don't move, please. Please.

She looked down at the line by her ankles.

"One step, and this all could be over," she said, biting her lip.

"One step, and you don't have to put up with me anymore...you can, move on," she whispered.

No. If Belle crossed that would be the end. I couldn't go on with her memory of me gone.

"No-"

"I suggest you don't be hear when I turn around, now's your chance..." She said, staring me in the eye.

She gave me the saddest smile I'd ever seen and then turned her back.

I could see her start to shake. Her head turned upward, I could see she was trying to not bawl her eyes out, taking deep breaks. It wasn't working.

Belles POV

Okay, come on, you can do this.

My shoulders shudder as I try and slower my breathing, staring up at the sky. Inhaling the crisp night air. Stop crying. Stop crying.

Suddenly a hand, was slipped into mine. A shoulder pressed against mine.

"If you're going, I'm coming with you," he said, staring right ahead of him.

"Rumple?" I gasp, looking up at him.

"...why?"

"Because a life without Belle French, is a life not worth living."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GOSH😭😭😭 WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!?!

PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS😭😭😭😭

THANKS FOR READING - AMY:-((()))))