Chapter 1

Zendaya's POV

I was sitting on the couch when it happened. Minding my own business, watching Shrek with Marlee for the thousandth time. When a letter arrived for me. I know what you're thinking. What's so special about a letter? People get letters all the time. Sort of. This one...it was different.

"Daya, mail's here," Darnell said walking in the room with a stack of envelopes. He sat them next to me before sitting down himself. "A lot of mail this week."

"Must be bills," I said reaching over. We separated the pile in half, based on the name on the letter. One was different than the rest. It was pink. And not a soft pink like you'd expect an envelope to be. It bright hot pink that stuck out now that I think about it.

I held it in my hand, running my fingers over the print. Your number one fan. I chuckled and tossed it back in the pile.

Yeah okay. Like a fan knows where I live. Better yet my number one fan. I opened the rest of my mail. Just as I thought. Bills. I'll pay them later. Right now I'm just gonna focus on relaxing while I get the chance.

...

"Daya! You have company!" Darnell yelled from downstairs. I turned off the shower and began my process of getting ready for bed. Who's visiting this late at night?

After lotioning my body, and putting on my bonnet I sat at my vanity to start my skincare routine. "I never thought I'd get ignored, but here I am," a voice said from the doorway. I smiled.

"Hey Tom," I said not turning around.

"Hello love. I missed you."

"I missed you too." He leaned down to peck my lips. "I didn't know you were coming over seas. I would've got you from the airport."

"I wanted to surprise you. I thought you'd be more excited to see me," Tom said with a pout.

"I am baby," I said turning to face him. I stood to give him a hug. "You're taller since the last time I've seen you."

"I guess all that exercise and dieting did me some good huh?"

"It definitely did." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down for a kiss. He gripped my waist, pulling me closer. We began to trail to my bed, not letting our lips part.

I pulled back. "We can't. Not tonight."

"Why?" He whined.

"I have Marlee tonight, and you know she likes to sleep with me. I don't want her with me if I'm naked babe," I said drawing patterns on his cheek.

"I guess so." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I'm gonna go get her, and we'll all watch a movie or something." I walked downstairs, into the dark living room and found her laying in a sleeping Darnell's arms. The tv was on and I guess that's what was keeping Marlee up. "Darnell."

He opened his eyes instantly. A habit he's picked up since he started working with me. "What sucka?"

"Go to bed." He sat Marlee on the couch, and sleepily trudged off to his room. "C'mon princess."

"Noon?" Marlee asked.

"Not tonight honey. He's at grandma's house." I picked her up and stop. The letter from earlier caught my eye again. It stood out brightly in the darkness. I picked up the letter, turned off the tv, and carried Marlee to my bedroom where Tom laid cuddled under the covers.

"Why do you always keep it so cold in here?" He shivered.

"It makes for better sleep." Marlee yawned and snuggled closer into my body. "Awww poor baby." I put the letter on my nightstand, and laid down next to Tom.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" He asked.

"Nothing too loud," I said. Marlee laid her head on my chest closing her eyes. "Night night Marlee."

"Night night."

...

Tom was asleep. Marlee was asleep. Darnell was asleep. I couldn't seem to sleep. Every time I'd close my eyes the letter would come to view, and I couldn't help but wonder what lies inside.

No I shouldn't open it. For all I know it could be letting me know I have a hit out for me. I'd rather not know just yet. But it could just be an innocent fan letter, and they happened to have guessed the right address. Fuck it I'm opening it.

I adjust Marlee in my arms before reaching over to the envelope. I open it and pull out a folded paper. I take a deep breath before beginning to read.

Dear Zendaya,

You're probably never gonna read this. On the off chance that you do Hi. I'm a fan. A huge fan. But I'm not one of the huge fans that are creepy. I'm the good kind of huge fan.

Is there even a good kind of huge fan? Well duh, but this is kind of creepy. Who sends a letter to their favorite actors address? Most fans just give it to you at a meet and greet. To be fair I haven't had one in a while.

I'd like to be friends if possible. You probably get asked that a lot though. I'd like it more for the experience. Not many people can say they've had the pleasure of speaking with someone as beautiful and intelligent as you.

I felt a blush rising in my cheek, and couldn't contain my smile. They really think I'm pretty?

Anyways, if you actually read this and decide you need a new friend, I hope you consider me for the opportunity.

Much love,
Your future friend ❤️

Weird. They didn't sign with their name. I don't really want to write back but I want to know more. I want to know who they are and how they found me. It can't be that weird right?