Chapter 6

Lauryn's POV

Brie and I were walking my pups for the last time before she left back for the states. She took my free hand into hers and looked into my eyes. I smiled at my best friend, continuing to walk. "You excited?" Brie asked.

"For what?"

"Your wedding silly. What else?" Brie responded making me laugh.

"It's not really a wedding if there's only one person at the alter. Right now it's more of a christening with bridesmaids." Brie and I shared a laugh. Hulk stopped walking in the middle of the sidewalk, pulling me back a bit. "C'mon Hulk."

He didn't move. "Let's go boy. What's wrong?" I bent down to pick him up. I looked down seeing the saddened look on his face. I met up with his line of eye sight seeing a paparazzi hiding in the bushes. "C'mon Brie."

"What?" She and Pudge walked back to Hulk and I. I'm guessing she saw  what we'd seen. "C'mon Pudge." Brie took my hand once again and we quickly walked back to her car.

"Maybe they didn't see anything," Brie tried to assure. I'm not convinced. They saw something.

"Yeah maybe. Let's just get back before they decide to follow us."

...

I sat there as my mothered chastised me, for ditching my security. "You know there are people out there who don't like us, and want to get rid of us! That's why we even have the security anyway!" My mom yelled.

"Well if you knew that was a risk, why would you accept the throne in the first place?!"

"Don't yell at me young lady! I am in charge here!"

"Not for long!" We stood in silence. "I'm tired of this. I don't want the throne. Sierra doesn't want it. China wants it more than anything, why don't you just give it to her?"

"She's too young."

"And I'm not. I'm only two years older than her. She's of legal age. Why don't you just talk to the council and see if they'll allow it. Because no one else here wants it this way."

"Then what way do you want it?"

"In a way that I'm comfortable, and ready. I don't want to marry some guy I barely know. And I don't want to rush someone else into this just because I procrastinated on a deadline. I don't want to have to even be married to take the throne. If Gabe was old enough and wanted to, he could and wouldn't have to get married for another thirty years. Why is this damn country so old and traditional?" I rambled rubbing my temples.

"Look Laur, if there was another way to do this I would. But neither of us exactly have a choice." I groaned walking away from my mother. Brie sat in my room on my bed, with Hulk in her arms.

"What'd she say?" Brie asked.

"She basically told me to suck it up and deal with it," I replied. I sat next to the two on the bed. Hulk noticed my down mood and crawled over to my lap. He nudged his head onto my hands, trying to get me to accept his makeshift hug. "Thank you baby boy."

"Well have you gotten a letter back yet?"

"No. They usually come on Sunday's though, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out," I said petting Hulk's back.

"Why don't you explain to her why you wrote to her in the first place? Maybe she'll be on board with it, and will agree to it," Brie suggested.

"Yeah, I'll do that and scare her off into God knows who's arms," I said, flopping back on my bed.

"If you tell her the truth she'll know what she's getting into. And if she's not with it then so what? At least you'll know and won't be wasting your time." I looked up at Brie. Maybe she's right. But I'll sound so stupid. She won't even believe me. Who would?

I sat up, holding Hulk close to me. "I'll think about it. For right now I'll just stick with being a fan she happened to respond to." Brie sighed.

Brie's POV

I wish she would pay attention to me. All her issues would be solved if she would even notice my cry out for her. I want to be with her, but I also don't want to ruin our relationship if she rejects me. I wish Lauryn knew how much I love her.

Lauryn's POV

It was going on six o'clock in the evening that Sunday, and my letter from Zendaya had yet to arrive. I've made the decision to tell her the truth. Or have I? I don't know. I'm really confused right now. I want to tell her the truth. But the mystery of my identity is one of the reasons we get along so well. I don't want her to treat me differently because of who I am.

And I know she gets the feeling. Besides it's not that big of a deal. Just a teeny tiny white lie. Nothing that isn't that forgetful.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. I got up to answer the door. Rena stood there with an envelope in hand. "Yesss!" I cheered. I took the letter from her hand, immediately sitting on my bed.

"Were you expecting a letter Miss?" Rena asked.

"Mm hmm. It's from Zendaya," I said, ripping open the envelope.

"The famous American actress?! I love her in the Spiderman movies!" Rena giggled. She quickly stopped and stood there with a shameful look on her face. "My apologies Miss. That was unladylike of me to act that way in your presence."

"It's okay to have emotions Rena. I act like that too. It's no biggie."

"No biggie?"

"Yeah, no problem," I smiled. She smiled at me too before exiting the room. I looked down at the letter, taking a deep breath and unfolding the paper.

Dear Lou,

No I don't have any piercings, besides of course your typical ear piercings from when you're like one. I've always wanted to get maybe a belly ring or another ear piercing. I don't know something really badass. But I'm no badass so that's kind of out the window lol.

I chuckled. She's pretty badass when she wants to be. I can't imagine someone being in action movies and doing stunts with only a rope to ensure your safety being scared by a two second needle.

Anyways, I never know how to ask people these types of questions. But why'd you write me a letter instead of maybe dming me or something? It's probably a stupid question. Not saying I don't like the letters, I do. They're cute. It's just not something you expect when we live a time of technology.

If only she knew the real reason. She'd run for the fucking hills.

But now for my actual question question. Are you an only child?

Much Love,

Z