Chapter 9

Zendaya's POV

I looked over myself in the mirror making sure my outfit was royally presentable. It probably wasn't. They are the royal family after all. I didn't get my letter from Lou like I thought I would. Instead I got a letter from Buckingham Palace inviting me and a guest to dinner. It was specifically outlined that I would only get one guest, and I still haven't decided between Darnell and Tom.

Darnell is my best friend and my assistant, and he does have most of my information if I were to need it. But Tom's my boyfriend, and would love to go as my date and to see the castle he's passed so many times in his childhood. I'm not sure who to take. And I have a strong hunch all of this has something to do with Lou. Tom's really overprotective of me and would probably escalate the situation farther than needed. So in conclusion, I'll bring Darnell.

"Nell!" I shouted from my bedroom in the hotel. I combed down my bangs over my freshly down makeup. Darnell walked into my room knocking on my door.

"Wassup Z?"

"Wanna come with me to Buckingham Palace for dinner tonight?"

"Uh...y-yeah. When are you going?"

"Well the letter said they were sending someone to pick me up at 7:00," I said, glancing over at the clock on the nightstand. "It's 6:30 now so I'd start getting ready." He immediately ran to his room to get dressed. I chuckled at his reaction continuing to get ready.

Thirty minutes later as expected a car pulled up out front for Darnell and I. We got into the car and made our way to the Palace. I nervously rubbed my sweaty palms against my pant legs bouncing my foot a bit. Darnell noticed and put his hand over mine.

"What are you stressing for Z?" I let out a breath before speaking.

"Y'know how I've been writing to Lou and stuff?" He nodded. "Well tom and I have a sort of theory that Lou is also the Princess Lauryn."

Darnell shook his head and started laughing. "What makes you think that?" he asked still laughing.

"Tom pointed out that the address on the letters came from Buckingham Palace. And Lou has a dog named Pudge and when we went the princess's dog ran over to me and was named Pudge." Darnell put his hand over his mouth, trying to cover his laughter. "It's not funny. It's a logical theory."

"Yeah, and so is Noon being a unicorn."

"He could be. You don't know what he does in his spare time." We pulled into the long driveway in front of the castle doors. I stared in awe as Darnell and I stepped out of the car. It's even more beautiful unclose and personal. I'd seen who I'm guessing is a butler standing at the door.

"Welcome Ms. Coleman. We've been expecting you. Might I ask whom this is?" the man asked.

"This is my assistant and best friend Darnell Appling." He nodded.

"Follow me to the guest room." Darnell and I walked behind the tall man. He must've worked here for at least forty years. We walked past a wall of art work of who I'm guessing are past monarchies. I looked over at Darnell who was also admiring the portraits.

"Why were we invited here again?" Darnell whispered in my ear.

"I don't know. But I think it has something to do with Lou." Darnell rolled his eyes.

"You're really going with this princess theory? What are you gonna say to her when you see her? 'Hey you've been writing letters to me this whole time. I know who you really are.'"

"Of course it sounds stupid when you say it like that, but how else am I suppose to confront her about it?" The two stopped their conversation when the butler cleared his throat.