Chapter 19

Author's POV

Lauryn made sure Pudge and Hulk were comfortable in the new kennel with Noon before tightening the bag on her back. She made sure they'd be taken care of until she and Zendaya got back. If we even leave, she thought to herself. Quietly stepping down the hall of the servants quarters, she took the shortcut into the kitchen dimly lit kitchen. She took their wedding rings out of her pocket, making sure they were secure in the box. The brunette sighed returning them to her pocket and waited. And waited, and waited, and waited.

Her leg began to bounce the longer she waited and the later it got. She checked the time.

3:19, fuck she's probably not coming. Lauryn let out a sigh, resting her head in her arms.

"You didn't think I'd leave you hanging, did you?" Zendaya asked sitting next to her fiance. Lauryn's smile grew a mile wide as she threw her arms around the taller girl. Zendaya pecked her cheek shyly, a blush covering her face. The two sat in silence, just holding each other for a while. "We gotta talk, but we should probably go before someone finds us."

Lauryn nodded in agreement, grabbing Zendaya's bag from her hands. The two snuck out the servant's entrance and made their way through the garden's exit. There was a car waiting for them with the trunk open. "Who's car is this?" Zendaya asked.

"Mine. I'm not allowed to drive it as much, but we still have them in the garage," Lauryn replied, putting their bags in the trunk. Lauryn slid into the driver's seat joining Zendaya in the car. She started it up before driving down the dirt road and into the streets of London. They sat in silence once more, tension swarming in the air. Lauryn wanted to say something, but she didn't know what she should say.

She timidly reached over the console, intertwining her fingers with Zendaya's. The brunette let out a breath it seemed she'd been holding for a while. Lauryn glanced over seeing her run her fingers through her hair. "So um-"

"You don't have to. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I overreacted. I should've just brushed it off and we could've been married already," Zendaya said quietly. They pulled down another road, until the were pulled in the parking lot of a 24/7 wedding chapel.

"No, it was my fault. I should've made sure she actually left after everything at the engagement party." Lauryn sighed looking at their intertwined fingers. "Let's just agree to disagree and call it even okay? I love you and I don't want either of us to keep beating ourselves up over something we couldn't control."

Zendaya smiled and leaned over the console to kiss Lauryn's lips. She pecked them once, twice, and three times until Lauryn tossed her arms around the woman's shoulders pulling her closer. Zendaya giggled pulling away and leaning her forehead on Lauryn's. "Maybe we should go into the chapel to make it official."

...

The two drove down the empty early morning highway, their rings glistening in the sunrise as they blasted Beyonce from the speakers. "BABY IT'S YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE I LOVE! YOU'RE THE ONE I NEED! YOU'RE THE ONLY THING I SEE! COME ON BABY IT'S YOUUUUUU!" Lauryn sang dramatically at the top of her lungs. Zendaya smiled and laughed as she recorded her wife for her camera roll.

That's wild. She's my wife, this angel is my fucking wife dude! she thought to herself. They drove for another thirty minutes before taking an exit onto yet another dirt road. Zendaya's eyes lit up when they pulled up to a little cottage by a pond. "Baby you didn't!"

"But I did. Just for you." Zendaya practically jumped out of the car as soon as it was put in park. She stood in awe taking in the scene around her. Lauryn wrapped her arms around Zendaya, pressing a gentle kiss to her neck. "I love you."

"Bitch me too! You're fucking amazing dude!" Zendaya exclaimed taking her in her arms and spinning her around. Lauryn giggled, wrapping her legs around the woman's waist. She leaned down, capturing Zendaya's lips in a kiss.

SNAP!

Their heads shot over to the direction of the noise. When they saw nothing they, shrugged it off and connected their lips once more. As it began to get more and more heated Zendaya carried her new bride into their new home, where they made love as newly weds.