{2}

I wake up and glare at my alarm clock.7:30 I roll over, maybe I have time to get a little more sleep, or at least I thought I did. As if on cue my bedroom door swings open revealing Ian grinning his stupid trademark grin. "Ugh, too early," I sigh covering my face with a pillow. He walks over to my bed prying the pillow from my grip laughing. "I got you coffee and food, get up sleepy head." He seems pleased with himself knowing I'll be out of bed with less of a fight with the promise of caffeine and food waiting for me in the kitchen. "Ian Carter, how did you get in my house?" I ask sitting up. He smiles again and fishes something from his pocket before dangling it between us. I realize it's my keys I had lost at a party at his place a few weeks back. "Dick" I half laugh and take my keys "you know I had to search my car for my spare keys for hours to get inside the night I lost these." I put on my glasses and get up heading towards the kitchen with Ian following not far behind. "I found them like 3 days later you just never asked about them." He says in a matter of fact tone. I sit on the counter and take a drink of my coffee he brought me. He leans against the sink across from me and hands me a muffin before stuffing his face with his own. "So where are we going," I ask for what seems like the one-millionth time. "Well, I'll tell you this much," he says between bites of his second muffin, "we have a beach house for a week and it's not far maybe 2 hours. Its gonna be pretty sick since the 4th of July is in a few days, but that's all I'm gonna tell you it's a surprise." I roll my eyes and hop off the counter to throw away my muffin trash. I grab my coffee taking another sip and head towards my room. Ian starts to follow, I turn around and stop him. "I've gotta get dressed, go be a good kid and play on your phone. You can come hang out in my room when I'm doing my makeup in a minute. I close my door and throw on a black crop top and some high waisted shorts before rummaging through my closet for a flannel. After putting it on and rolling up the sleeves I grab a pair of my vans socks and sit on my rug to put them on. "Hey, Ian you can come in. Will you grab my converse from the living room please?" I yell and sit in front of my mirror. Ian walks in and sets my shoes next to me then lays on my bed and watches me try to get my winged eyeliner to match. I finish up my makeup, pull my hair up and slip on my shoes, "Tie my shoes for me? I'm lazy" I smile and sit on the bed next to him putting my feet in his lap as he sits up. I sip my coffee as he carefully knots the laces. "Ready?" He asks looking up from my now neatly laced shoes. "I gotta brush my teeth and grab a few things but yea." I slide my feet out of his lap and head to the bathroom. I finish my coffee and throw it into the small trashcan. Ian sits on the bathroom counter and watches me gather the various bathroom items I need. I hand him the bag and brush my teeth before tossing the toothbrush and paste into the bag and taking it to my suitcase. I grab my backpack and put my laptop in it then toss my glasses case, charger, a Stephen King book, my sketchbook, and vape stuff into it. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and grab my suitcase, "let's go." We walk outside and Ian locks the door. "Be glad I didn't let you leave your keys again." I shake my head and pull out my phone, "smile for the camera." I snap a goofy pic and we head to the car, this road trip is gonna be eventful. He sits down and pulls something out of the glove box and hands it to me. "Happy super early birthday!" He smiles. It's a phone case with him wearing my sweatshirt on it. I shake my head and put it on my phone throwing my other case into my backpack. "Fuckin troll" I mumble as we pull out of my driveway.

 "Fuckin troll" I mumble as we pull out of my driveway

Word count 384

Word count 384.