{1}

"Of course a random trip sounds great right now, don't get me wrong school is kicking my ass but I really don't believe this isn't just a scheme to rope me into one of your dumb skits." I sigh and flop onto my bed, "Aw come on why do you always assume that? I'm just trying to be a good friend and surprise you with something you'll really like." Ian's on speakerphone, his voice has kind of a hurt tone as it fills my room. "Ian you're always trying to weasel me into doing some weird skit with you for your channel, so far I've been lucky enough to convince you to put me behind the camera or handle props every time. I'm not being mean it's just that's what I'm used to." I state before getting up and heading to my closet, I know I'm not getting out of this. I pull out my suitcase and drop it on the plush rug by my bed before looking through my closet and gathering outfits for the trip. "Look, there's no ill intentions or dumb skits this time, just a week away. I promise that you're gonna love it, think of it as a super early birthday present." I can tell he's smiling. I finish packing and sit down on my bed. "It's almost July, my birthday isn't until November and you know I hate surprises just tell me," I whine subconsciously realizing that was probably part of the reason I'm single. "It's a secret. I'm not telling you, now finish packing and get some sleep we have a long day ahead of us." I glare at my phone screen, nobody loves pushing my buttons more than Ian- but hey, he is one of my best friends. "I'm done packing and secrets don't make friends." I groan, staring up at my ceiling. "Goodnight Ash" He practically sings into the phone clearly amused at how irritated I'm getting. "Ugh, I don't know how I deal with you." I half-laugh, "I'll see you in the morning loser."

Word count 345.