{13}

I sit down on my bed and decide to call Jayden before I get in the shower. I sigh and start the facetime call. He answers at the second ring "so you're dating a hot dude who's pretty much a celebrity?" He practically screams into the phone. "First off it's not like he's super famous and second I wouldn't say we're dating." I push my glasses up and search my bed for my vape only to realize I left it downstairs with Joji. "Well, what would you say? Because most of Twitter thinks you two are dating and he looked pretty content holding your hand in that picture." He gives me that 'don't even try to lie to me' look but before I can answer there's a knock at my door. "You better not hang up!" I laugh at his spastic reaction and prop my phone up on a pillow before getting up to answer the door. Before I can reach it Joji opens the door giving me an awkward smile, "you left your vape downstairs so I figur-" he gets cut off by Jayden yelling through the phone. "IS THAT HIM? DON'T LIE TO ME, LEMME SEE!" I sigh and motion into my room and Joji reluctantly steps inside towards the frantic ramble yelling coming from the Facetime call. I close the door then walk over to the bed and sit down adjusting my phone before patting the spot next to me. Joji cautiously sits down next to me and I prepare myself for the incoming flood of questions that will soon stream from my roommate's brain and be blurted out his mouth without an ounce of thought or filter. "So you're the boy toy who not only got her attention but held it for years. Well, YOU were totally unaware of her until recently but still, you kept her attention from 2014 to now. And now you guys are the talk of Twitter and probably all of the social media platforms your fan base has a place on." He talks so fast it's like he doesn't breathe. Jayden continues before Joji and I can respond, "I'm impressed. So tell me what's going on with you two because she won't give up any juicy details." I look at my screen wondering how he hasn't passed out from not breathing, I swear he hasn't stopped for a breath since Joji came in. Jayden stares a hole through Joji as he stumbles over his words trying to think of some way to reply, "uh well we... We're close friends now and um we're getting to know each other more every day and haven't really gotten around to exploring our feelings, but since I get the feeling nothing gets passed you and you're so curious about the status between us. I'll be sure she keeps you updated." Jayden isn't quite satisfied with Joji's response but he nods "so when do I get to meet you and further investigate your intentions in person?" I facepalm at Jayden's remark but Joji doesn't miss a beat answering "well we could arrange that when we get back from this trip, me you and Ash can get coffee or something but for now I'm gonna go to bed and let her shower and get some sleep. I look forward to meeting you and getting the roommate/best friend approval goodnight Jayden." He stands up and stretches. "Good night Ash I'll see you in the morning" he hugs me then leaves my room shutting the door behind him. "Well, I'll let you do your thing I gotta finish an essay and apparently you have a date with the shower and bed so goodnight," Jayden says presumably satisfied with his "boy tea" for the night. "Good night Jay give Emerson Goose and the gecks some love and treats for me" he nods and waves goodbye before hanging up. I decide to wait until morning to shower and get under the blanket and go to bed.

Word count 666.