•chapter five•

Skeet's POV

As I drove down the road, away from Danielle, my mind mulled over many thoughts. I was getting involved with a woman that was not rightfully mine, but when I kissed her.. she was mine. It truly felt like she gave all of herself to me, but I'm sure her fiancé would disagree. I don't know what any of this means, I've never had good luck with women, but Danielle was different. She wasn't just any woman and I needed her. Since the moment I met her, my mind has been haunted with pictures of her. Her tan skin, her dark brown hair, her green eyes, her plump lips.. I could go on forever. But what really made her irresistible was the way she carried herself. Danielle is so confident and she knows what she wants. Last night, I learned why she was like that, and frankly it just made her more beautiful. I wondered if she thinks about me the way I think about her.

Danielle's POV

Jacob walked through the front door with a brief case in one hand and a soda in the other. He smiled at me and quickly came over to give me a kiss. When he kissed me, it was so hard to not pull away. I didn't want to feel his lips on mine, I wanted Skeet.

"How has your week been, babe?" He questioned.

"Oh, it's been good. How was your business trip?" I replied as I sat my book down on the coffee table.

"It was great, except all the seminars I had to go to." Jacob grumbled as he sat down next to me and wrapped me in his embrace.

"How is your new job?"

"It's nice. I actually made plans to go out with Vanessa and Lili later." I answered as I looked up at him.

"Okay.." He said with a gleam in his eye. "Do you want to have a little fun before you go?" He whispered in my ear as he trailed his hand up my thigh.

He began sucking on my neck and unbuttoning my blouse, before I caught his hand.

"Babe, I'm not really feeling well, maybe later?" I asked, trying not to seem suspicious.

He frowned slightly as his eyebrows furrowed together. He let go of me altogether and stood up off the couch.

"Yeah, alright. I'm going to lay down. Have fun." He whispered, clearly his ego was wounded.

I exhaled, filled with relief once he was gone. On one hand, after telling Skeet I would talk to Jacob, it didn't feel right to sleep with him. Plus after being touched by Skeet, every time Jacob touched me, I felt nothing. It was like just another pair of hands brushing against my body. On the other hand, I felt remorseful. The man I was cheating on, had been there for me for five years and he really didn't deserve what I was about to put him through.

I sighed as I stood up and grabbed my purse. I drove all the way to Lili's, where we were meeting, and knocked on her door. She answered with the brightest smile.

"Danielle! You're here! Are you ready to have some fun?" Lili squealed as Vanessa came up behind her.

"Of course I am." I replied.

We all packed into Vanessa's car with me in the passenger seat and Lili in the back.

"So, is your fiancé a total hunk?" Vanessa joked
glancing over at me.