•chapter twenty•

Danielle's POV

Skeet and I took an Uber from the airport to his home and the whole ride I was biting my nails with anxiousness. We pulled in the driveway and I thought I would have a heart attack when his kids came out of the house.

"You're gonna do great, babe!" Skeet smiled as he took my hand and helped me out of the car.

Skeet immediately wrapped his kids and in a big hug as I stood back smiling at his little family.

"Hey sweethearts." He said as he kissed Naiia's forehead and patted Jakob's back.

Skeet grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.

"This is my girlfriend, Danielle." Skeet smiled, kissing my cheek before Naiia wrapped me in a sweet hug.

"Dad's told me so much about you, you're all he can talk about, but he didn't tell me how pretty you were." She exclaimed.

"Aww, you're too sweet. Your dad talks about you guys all the time too." I grinned as I hugged Jakob.

"It's really great to finally meet you." Jakob's eyes lit up as he talked, he looked just like Skeet.

"Well, kids, Danielle and I have had a long trip so I think we're going to take a nap." Skeet said, placing a hand on the small of my back as he walked into his house.

"Can I at least give her a tour real quick, dad?" Naiia asked.

"Of course."

Naiia grabbed my hand and showed me around the house, starting with the kitchen and then the living room.

"Your home is so beautiful." I gasped.

"Thank you. Dad worked really hard on it. He's always worked so hard to give us what we wanted and needed and he's done a great job." Naiia smiled softly as we heard Skeet and Jakob laughing on the porch.

"Your dad is a great man." I replied.

Naiia stopped and clutched my hands in hers.

"Listen, my dad really loves you and.. well.. he doesn't have much luck with women.. I guess what I'm trying to say is.. just don't break his heart, please."

My smile faltered as her eyes pleaded with my own. I squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Naiia, I would never intentionally hurt your dad. I love him and if I ever do hurt him, I promise I will do everything in my power to make it up to him. I know you don't know me well, but I want you and Jakob to be able to trust me." I said sincerely.

"That means a lot to me and I know it will to Jakob too. We just want the best for dad and I can really tell you make him happy." She grinned.

"Are y'all almost done?" Skeet chuckled from the doorway.

"Yeah, I think we are." Naiia answered as she hugged me one more time.

Skeet pulled me up the stairs with him as he clutched my hand and practically ran.

"Slow down, cowboy!" I giggled.

Skeet just chuckled and snatched me up, I quickly wrapped my legs around his waist and cupped his face with my hands. His right hand rested on the small of my back as his other hand shut his bedroom door behind us. He planted soft kisses all over my neck as he gripped my ass. I threw my head back and moaned at his stubble scratching my sensitive skin.