Chapter Eleven - Yuki Rey

As I was about to get in The Box, I saw Cris coming with a bag of donuts. They smelled delicious.

"You shouldn't be leaving the box when you don't know where it is." He told me.

I was confused. "But I do know where it is."

"Still. We travel a lot, and we're about to leave the city. You wouldn't want to be left behind, now would you?"

"I guess not."

"Get in." He followed me down and into the kitchen, where he placed the bag on the counter. "You may take one. Any more and you're going to regret it." He went back to the mirror room, and presumably, up to ride the bike.

I looked at the bag. After a moment, I went up and opened it up. I took a glazed donut, then went to put away Volume #1. There were several ones on one end of the shelf, so I put it there.

I went back to my room and volume #15. I flipped through, looking for something I could use. Nothing really caught my eye.

I turned to page seven and wrote in "time manipulation." A lot of results came up for Volume #42. I quickly got up to grab that one. I was glad that the volumes weren't really disguised here.

One of the first things in the book was "stop time" which seemed a hell of a lot more convenient than "slow time." There were way more warnings about how this could affect your body than the other one. There was a recommendation to page 73 of volume #15 before attempting this.

15 was next to me, so I grabbed it and turned to that page. It was a spell to strengthen the durability of your body. There was a warning that you shouldn't take it to any extremes and that it wouldn't make you immortal. I read the mark and then went back to the other Grimoire. I decided to read the "stop time" mark.

I practiced moving around using it. After one or two attempts, I grabbed my goggles to shield my eyes. I continued to practice.

~_~

Several days had passed since I'd first started living in The Box. It was now Tuesday. I'd spent most of this time strengthening my abilities and working out in the pool room. I'd had a lot of trouble activating the marks to breath and see underwater at the same time for a long period of time, but after a while I got used to it.

I'd also discovered the other sections in the pool room, such as a small round hot tub, a saltwater pool with no life in it, and a freshwater pool filled with fish. Upon further inspection, I'd discovered that some of the inhabited pools contained crabs and lobsters. Aileen often made sushi to share with Cris and I, which got me wondering about the true purpose of these creatures here.

Yesterday, I'd gone online to see what John had been up to. He'd obviously been out of a job since I left, and my father got arrested, so I wondered what he was doing now. After looking up his name, I discovered that he'd gone into the porn industry. He also had a large cock. Good for him.

I also checked the news near my old home and noticed that there were security camera photos of me hopping the turnstiles. They were trying to find me to fine me. Luckily I looked different now. Also I was far enough away to evade consequences.

Today, I decided to go and attempt to communicate with the creatures in the biggest of the inhabited salt water pools. I sent my thoughts out to the creatures. "Hello. How are you?"

No response.

"Hello. How are you?" I repeated.

"I heard you the first time," came an unusual response.

"Sorry to bother you." I replied, trying to focus on whoever had answered me. "Who are you?"

"Why don't you come down and see for yourself?"