Chapter Twenty-Two - Rachel Haglee

I was hurled across the pool and against the wall as the water created waves. I was tossed across the pool again, but soon the waves slowed down and Marigold found me again. She carried me out of the room on her back, and into the living room.

On our way, I saw Yuki stumble out of his room.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Yes. I'm not sure what happened," he replied. I noticed that Rage was on his shoulder. "I'm going to go out and see."

He left The Box to talk with Cris, and quickly came back. As he went to his room, he explained that Cris had teleported us, causing The Box to be disrupted. When he left his room, he was now wearing a sweater and carrying a bag. He left The Box.

Marigold sat me down on one of the chairs, and went to fetch my legs. Once I had them back, I went to the bookshelf, and selected a Volume. I wrote down teleportation, and found that Volume #12 contained the mark that would grant teleportation. I read the mark, then returned the book.

I concentrated, then I appeared in the air next to Marigold. Unfortunately, I'd only managed to transport myself and my clothing and legs were left behind. 

We spent the rest of the day messing around with the teleportation magic. After reading the mark, Marigold found that she was even worse at it than I was. I guess not everyone was an expert at every spell. 

A few days passed when I was sitting legless in one of the chairs in the living room. I'd been using teleportation to get around, I'd gotten to the point where I could bring my clothing with me when I transported myself. I was listening to an audiobook when that cybernetic reptile person came through the room. 

I was wary of her. She was a bit weird, and I got an aggressive impression of her. When she came back, it was the shock of my life. She'd returned with Yuki's father! Also she was covered in bloodstains. 

I teleported to my room, where Marigold was to tell her about it. Of course, she already knew due to our linked minds, but I still wanted to tell her verbally. She went to go to Yuki's room to tell him about the new visitor. I giggled when she kept it vague and didn't tell Yuki who it was. 

After a moment, I could hear Yuki's voice in my head saying, "Holy shit guys you could've warned me."