Chapter Thirteen - Yuki Rey

A day had passed with the girl laying on a couch in the living room. It was Friday. Cris said that I was crazy for trying to save someone from a unicorn attack, especially from a blue one as they were so unpredictable. He didn't know what to do for the girl, and neither did Aileen or the old lady.

I was sitting on the floor across from the girl, eating a sandwich when Bell showed up. So far, I'd only heard about him through Aileen.

He was a bit strange. He wore a pair of damp sweatpants and a tee shirt. His head wasn't covered with scales, but they were placed on his head where hair was on my own head. He also had scales on the outside of his arms. The scales were yellow, and his skin was a paler shade of the hue. I found it strange that he had so much exposed skin. Reptiles tended to be covered.

"I'm not a reptile, I'm a fish." The words shook into my vision.

Well that made sense. He walked over to the girl and placed a hand on each of her cheeks. Bell closed his eyes, and suddenly the girl started coughing. Bell stepped back as she leaned over and puked up something pale blue. It was like a goop. Bell did something, and suddenly, all the goop was hovering above his hand as a sphere.

"I'm going to study this," he said as he left and weren't down the hallway to go wherever it was he was going.

The girl opened her eyes and began to sit up. She said something, and I noticed her tongue was back to being pink. I read her surface thoughts. "Where am I? What happened?"

"You are safe. You were attacked by a unicorn."

Her eyes widened. "Your voice is in my head."

"Well, I can't hear, so I use telepathy to communicate," I explained.

"Did you use telepathy to make your voice sound so sexy?" she asked.

"Well, I just see thoughts as written words, and don't really understand sound..." I said, a bit embarrassed.

"So, you're just naturally sexy?" She thought. Her mouth moved, making it seem like she also said it aloud.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Thirteen."

"Alright let's go," I headed towards the mirror room.

"Wait! Aren't you going to nurse me back to health? Be my knight in shining armor? Fall in love with me as you help me one day get revenge on that beast that brought us together?" She clearly didn't say it all aloud, but I was still annoyed. Someone was reading too many online fanfics.

"Yeah, no. That's not going to happen. Let's go."

"How old are you?" she asked.

"I'm 17," I answered.

I gestured for her to follow me, and she reluctantly did. I climbed up to the door, and when I opened it, I saw that we are parked in a small town. Quickly, I figured out where the local police station was to drop her off. I wasn't to interested in keeping this girl for long, or going to the effort of bringing her home. She complained when I dropped her off, but didn't follow me back to The Box.

~_~

There was a knock at my door. I caught a surface thought and saw that it was Cris. I opened the door.

"Come on. We're going under and you need to get registered."

I followed him up and out of the box. The bike was on a dock leaving to a submarine. Bell was there, talking to someone. I walked up to him and was pointed to  a massive grimoire sitting on a pedestal.