Chapter Sixteen - Yuki Rey

I'd slept on the couch in The Box's living room Friday night. Cris had kept me up all night in the sleazy side of this small underwater town. I wish he hadn't insisted on bringing me along. Its not that I'm against strip clubs, I'm just bored by them.

It was somewhat interesting seeing underwater buildings. Many of them are made from stone and hard plants such as corals. Bioluminescent plants and animals are often used as light source. Furniture is made out of some strange heavy material that looks like but isn't wood. A lot of things seem heavier underwater.

I stood up to go to the fridge and noticed that I still had webbed extremities. I didn't go to the trouble to change it back, and instead opened up the fridge for a can of lemonade. I turned around and noticed Rage on the countertop.

"Got any more of that fish?" he asked.

I pulled some sashimi out of the fridge for the both of us. I placed some in front of Rage and he began to eat it. I lifted some of the strips and ate them, heating them up with my fingers.

"For someone who doesn't like water, you really like fish." I pointed out.

"The best things are often difficult to obtain," he mused.

"I guess."