Chapter 10- The Hen Party

Paige's wedding to Wesley was in a few months. It was crunch time; every weekend was filled with each girl's allocated chores- makeup, hair, bridesmaid dresses, shoes, flowers, cake. It was insane, so a weekend of hen party activities, despite more organising and having to deal with Paige and Ruth's particularly difficult and demanding mother, was what everyone needed.

The plan was what the bridesmaids had wanted: a high ropes course, just the kind of activity they all enjoyed, followed by a night of ridiculous games and drinking at a bar in which they'd hired a private function room, which was for all of Paige's family and work friends. Rae had met a few of Paige's work friends; they were lovely to speak to and hang out with, but they had very little in common with her, so striking up a long friendship hadn't and wouldn't happen.

Currently, Rae, Ruth and Phoebe were decorating the function room in preparation for the activities for tomorrow. An excessive amount of Pink and penises! Ruth had rather enjoyed buying penis straws and making penis chocolates, a little too much in Rae's opinion. There were pink glittery penises on headbands that apparently were compulsory to wear. Ruth had also insisted on a mandatory dress code; much to Rae's relief, it wasn't pink. It was, however, considerably more girly than she would typically wear- 50's pin-up, of course! Ruth was also in charge of the bridesmaid's outfits, and there was definitely a 50's retro theme in everything Ruth had been allowed to organise. Everyone had bought big polka dot skirts with massive colourful netting to wear underneath. Rae was going more Rizzo from Grease, tight pencil skirt and biker jacket; she knew Phoebe was doing the same.

"I'm too tall to pull off that kind of skirt; I look like an adult trying to wear a little girl's party dress." She had said about the full ones, and Rae could see her point; Phoebe was a stunner, but Rae was glad she wasn't quite as tall as her.

There was a knock on the function room door.

"That'll be Corey," Rae said, "I got it."

"Yeah, you do," Ruth replied.

Rae ignored her as she went to the door and opened it. On the other side, Corey stood laden with drink paraphernalia. He gave a big grin to Rae, all straight white teeth and dimples.

"Where do you want it?"

"The drinks table is this way."

Corey laid all the stuff down on the table.

"We've written a list of cocktails for the night if that's ok, all crude by name?"

"Oh yeah, what'd you go with?"

"Oh, the obvious- Sex on the Beach, Porn Star, Sloe Comfortable Screw, Slippery Nipple."

"You want a Leg Spreader?" Corey asked with a particularly mischievous grin.

"A what?" Rae said with a laugh.

"A Leg spreader- Midori, Malibu, pineapple juice and lemonade."

"Hey, if you want to lug even more bottles up here, you be my guest. You still ok with the um outfit we discussed?"

"Yeah."

"It's tiny and um rubbery?"

"Rubber, eh?"

"Well, PVC, I guess, is more accurate."

"I'm not shy," Corey responded again, giving Rae a look that made her legs just a little shaky.

"Ok, then."

"Rae, we're all done. We good to go?" Phoebe shouted over.

"Yep. Yep, let's go home. Busy day tomorrow." She turned back to Corey, "OK then, see you tomorrow."