Chapter 17: The Mythical Seven

I tried going back to sleep but I can't help myself because of Alex. I didn't want to disturb his nap so I stared in the ceiling hoping that I can feel sleepy again. After minutes of silence, I looked at Alex who is still holding my hand. "Alex?" I said in a whisper. I saw him shrug but no results of waking him up. I manage to turn to my side facing him. "Alex, wake up." I said with a tired tone. No answer. 'Great, now what'. I thought to myself as I felt like giving up. I tighten my hold on Alex's hand and saw him slowly opening his eyes. He looked at me and saw me awake. His eyes widened and it looks like he's about to cry. "Mal! Are you alright?" He said as hugged me. "I'm fine Alex, I just need some rest. That's all." I hugged back as I comfort him. We pulled away and smiled at each other. Then the door opened showing a worried Angel, Cass, Kathy, Sam and Karlos. As they entered the room, they were shocked to see me awake and more lively. "Mal!" They shout in unison as they ran to me to give a big hug for me.

"Mal, are you alright?" Karlos said with a worried tone. Angel sat beside me and asked. "Did you have the chance to talk to them again?" I tilt my head and suddenly realize what she actually mean. "Yeah I talked to them. And I'm fine Karlos, don't worry about me." I heard him sigh in relief. All of a sudden they all looked curious about what me and Angel are talking about. "Mal? What do you mean by 'talked to them'?" Sam asked. I sighed and smiled at them. "I talked to Hela and Terro again." Their eyes widened and they all smile. "What did they tell you about?" Kathy ask as she sat beside Angel. "We talked about our official positions in the force and I am now going to tell it to you." I felt their excitement in the air as tried to sit up. "Alright, first of is our official name as the Guardians of the Realm. We actually come up with the name 'The Mythical Seven' since we're seven and the second generation of the forces. Second is our positions. Angel, you will be the healer of the group." I heard her muttering a 'yes' as I continue. "Cass will be our mage, Sam will be the protector, Kathy will be our archer and Karlos will be our spy." I looked at them and saw them smiling and celebrate it with high fives.

I looked at Alex who was smiling at the others. "Alex, you will be our knight. That means you will be in charge of attacks and strategies." I said as I put a hand on his shoulder. He smiled and nodded. "Mal, what's your position?" I turned to the others who were looking at me with curious eyes. I sighed and smiled. "I will be your leader." They all cheered for me and gave me a big hug and I hugged back. We all pulled away with smiles on our faces. "Well what are we waiting for, let's all go to sleep because we will start training tomorrow. It's already getting pretty late." Alex declared as the others nodded. One by one they all left leaving me and Angel in the room. "So Mal, is your head ache gone? I was hoping that the sleeping spell will lessen the pain." Angel said with a smile. "It's gone. Thanks for helping me, I appreciate it." "No problem." "One question." I looked at her with a worried look as I ask her. "How long was I asleep?" I saw her sigh but still gave me a smile. "You slept almost the whole day. We were actually about to splash you some water but I guess we actually didn't need it anymore."

My eyes widened from her answer. "Wow... How come it felt like 13 minutes only?" "That's because you are sleeping." She giggled as I stood up. "Well thanks again. I gotta go back to my room for now." I said with shock in my voice. "Oh! Sure. If you need anything, let me know okay?" "Okay." I answered with a faint smile. I closed the door behind me and sighed deeply. I opened the door to my room and flop myself on the bed. "Ugh. That's weird." I muttered. I fixed myself up and read the blank covered book. I looked on the page where my necklace and sword was shown and took a deep breath. I closed the book and carried myself to bed and took the opportunity to sleep for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey there guys Mal here! Thank you guys so much for reading my book. I appreciate the 117 views and I am hoping to have votes this time. Thank you for the support! Chapter 18 to 20 will be on-hold for now because of me being busy. I will make sure to post it next week. Sorry if it's going to be a delay but trust me the following chapters will be a good one. I'll see you guys next time, take care! Bye! 💜