Chapter 2

*Caleb's POV*

I sat in sixth period math waiting for the bell to ring. I sat calmly and leaned back with my feet kicked up onto my desk. 'This test is going to be a peice of cake.' I thought as a sly smile plastered itself onto my face. I looked down at my arms and uncovered my arm just a little bit to see all of the formulas written on my arm. 'Of course I wouldn't pass without a little bit of help.' I chuckled and covered the formulas with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Hey Caleb." A voice greeted. I looked up and saw Ace staring at me with a small smile. "Oh hey." I greeted back as I grabbed his hand and patted his back. "You ready for the test?" He asked with a huge smile plastered on his face. I smiled, chuckled a little bit, and then lifted my sleeve to show him the formulas. He wistled a little and smiled. "We are definitely going to pass." He said as he revealed his own little formulas with a smile on his face. I laughed a little bit and gave him a high five.

"Do you think we'll get caught?" He asked. I laughed, "Of course not. We've done this all year and we never got caught. What makes you think we'll get caught this time?" He looked at me with a 'seriously' face. "What?" I asked. "'We never got caught' really dude." He said. My smile disappeared. "Okay maybe we did get caught once." I said. "Yeah and my parents gave me a beating." He told me. I shrugged. "Wow you don't have a heart. You don't even feel bad for a friend that got a beating for cheating." He said with a small frown. I slammed my hand on my desk and stared him down. His face filled with fear once he realized what he had just said and who he said it to.

"S-sorry I d-didn't mean..." He stuttered. I looked away from him and sat in my desk without saying another word. "Alright class I hope you all studied well for the test." My teacher said once she entered the room. I smirked a little as she passed the tests out and we began. I had to be very careful. I'm pretty sure they were suspicious of me and Ace. Ace and I looked at each other from time to time. "Ten more minutes." She announced. Some of my classmates stood up and turned in the test. I looked up to see if she was looking and quickly uncovered my arm and wrote all the answers down.

After I finished I quickly pulled my sleeve down and walked proudly to the front of the class to turn it in. I thrusted my right arm forward and dropped the test into the basket. "What's that?" My teacher asked. "What's what?" I asked. I began to fell my body get warm. I looked back at Ace and he was watching me. "What's that on your arm?" She asked. "I-I have no idea what your talking about." I said. She narrowed her eyes and grabbed my arm. I tried to pull away but I was too late. "Cheating again?!" She asked with a disappointed tone in her voice. I stood still and she looked up at me. "Detention after school." She said as she began to write my name down.

"Wait please don't!" I begged. She completely ignored me and pointed to my desk. I clenched my fists and stormed off to my desk. Ace looked at me and I rolled my eyes. 'Might as well get ready for an extra beating today.' I thought. I sighed and sat in my desk completely motionless. "Ace can you come here please?" Our teacher asked. I looked up at him and we made eye contact. Ace swallowed and walked up to the teacher's desk. I kept my eyes on them and then he came back with a detention slip. I sighed and cursed under my breath.

I mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' and he just shrugged. I looked out the window and I quickly sat up. A dark figure looked up through the window in my class. 'Who is that?' I wondered. I narrowed my eyes to see better. "Caleb what's wrong?" Ace asked. I opened my mouth to say something but the bell interrupted.

We all stood up and walked out of the room. I looked down at the floor with one hand grasping onto my backpack strap. I had a bad feeling that something bad was about to happen. But who would believe me? I pushed it all aside and walked to my next class.