Chapter 5

*Sophia's POV*

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed as I shot up from my desk. "H-he's dead." She repeated. I began to back away from her and towards the wall were Caleb was. "Y-you killed him?!" I asked donce I got against the wall. She looked at me in shock and her jaw dropped. "You think I killed him?!" She asked me. I narrowed my eyes. "Well you are pretty violent." I pointed out. Everyone turned their head toward her to see what she was going to say. She opened her mouth to say something Gabby cut her off.

"She would never kill anyone though." Gabby said. "You're just saying that because she's your friend." I snapped. She sneered at me and narrowed her eyes. "I agree with Gabby." Ace said. We all turned to him to look at him. "I don't think that she would be capable of killing anyone. Yes, she is violent and does somethimes hit people but she never really hurts them so bad that they have to go to the hospital." He said. I turned to him to him looking down at his shoes.

"Alright, then who could've done it?" I asked. Everyone stayed silent. "Alrighty then, since no one knows who the "killer" is then I'm pretty sure that this is all fake because, there is no one in this building except us." I said. "But people could've walked in the school and got passed the security systems." Gabby said. I looked behind me towards the rest of the small class to see who they would agree with. Glasses girl looked at her feet with wide eyes and shaking hands. Caleb just looked like he was lost in thought. "So, who is right?" I asked the rest. They looked up at me. "Killer or no killer." I simply said. They sighed and walked toward Gabby.

"Are you guys serious?" I asked. They didn't say anything. "There is no killer!" I said angrily. "How do you know?" Caleb asked me. I rolled my eyes. "We aren't dead. If the killers were smart they would've known that we were in detention and seeing that the teacher was walking towards the restroom he would've found us almost immediately. Let me also add that the door was wide open." I emphasised the last sentence.

Emily shook her head. "They could've also decided to watch us suffer and then once they were tired of seeing us suffer they could just shoot us." She said. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. "Whatever I'm sticking to my theory. I'm going home." I said.

I walked out the classroom and down the hallway to the exit. 'They are all so dumb. Obviously there is no killer.' I thought as I turned towards the door. I looked behind me and found all of my classmates following me. I knew they would come to their senses and follow me. I smiled and put my hands on my hips. "Told you." I said. They ran up to me and started to pull on the baggy clothes. "What are you guys doing?!" I exclaimed. "Trying to keep you safe." One of the boys said. I kicked wriggles my way out of their grips. "I'll be safe once I'm home." I said as I pulled on the exit door. I tugged on the door again but it was locked.

"What's wrong blonde?" Micah asked. "It's... locked." I said. "Let me try." He said as he pushed passed me. "Hey! Watch the hair." I said. He rolled his eyes and yanked on the door handle. "Should we try the other doors?" Janet finally said. We all looked at each other and nodded.

"What a lovely group." A deep voice said over the intercom. Everyone froze and listened. 'What was that?!' I thought. "All the doors are locked and the key to one of the doors is hidden somewhere in this building. If you want to go home you will have to find it." "Well that's just messed up." I complained. "But there will be a twist." He said. He chuckled a little. "You have to stay hidden. If my friends find you during your search they will kill you without hesitation." He said. My jaw dropped and my body began to shake. 'Was he serious?' I wondered. "I'll give you at least a two minute head start since I'm a...fair player. Time starts now." He said.

We all began to panic. "We need to separate into groups." Emily said. She seemed kind of calm. "Yeah I'll put them together. Caleb with Janet, Ace with Emily, and Micah with Sophia. I'll go alone." Gabby said. Oh great now I'm with that guy. "But-" Emily started to say. "We don't have time. Everybody get with your groups and start searching but stay hidden!" She called out. We all ran to our partners and ran towards the classrooms in search for the key.