Chapter 20

*Micah's POV*

That was it. The lock down was finally over. I sighed and looked up at the Hospital ceiling. I've been in here for a week now which isn't necessary. I only had a few slashed but that was it. I sighed and sat up a little more the bed. 'I hope Emily's alright.' I though as I remember what she had. I didn't notice that she some burns on her right arm and leg. Not to mention some slashes and some broken ribs. It was hard to tell that her ribs were even broken. Her adrenaline probably kept her from knowing that.

I leaned my head against my pillow and looked around the room. I had a couple of stuffed animals by the bed and some cards that I didn't even bother looking at. My mom only showed up to see me twice because she had a lot of work to do so most of the time I was alone. I looked out the window and saw two little birds chasing each other. I smiled as I saw the mama bird come to her children. Once she landed onto the powerline, one of her little birds fell. She quickly got off the powerline and swooped down to catch the baby bird.

My smile slowly turned into a frown as I watched that scene. It reminded me of Sophia. That idiot girl that almost fell out of the window and died. I smiled at the thought of her though. Her blonde hair and beautiful baby blue eyes were plastered in my brain. 'I could've saved her." I thought. I grabbed the sheets and tightened my grip on them. 'If I had held her hand she wouldn't have been able to be caught. I should've shoved her int front of me and have him take me instead. I should've...' I thought. Tears rolled down my cheeks as the image of her looking at me telling me to run.

I slammed my fist onto the covers and gritted my teeth. A knock came from the door and I quickly looked up to see Emily standing in the doorway.

"Emily." I said as I quickly wiped my tears away. She smiled a little bit and then entered the room. "How are your ribs?" I asked her. "They're fine. They still hurt a little bit but it's not unbearable." She said. I nodded and she sat down on one of the chairs beside my bed. "I'm not going back to that school." She said as she stared out the window. "Me neither." I said. I looked out the window and sighed. "But where do we go?" She asked. I shrugged. "My mom can figure that out. Then I'll have her tell your mom so that we can go to the same school again." I said. She nodded and we sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Do you think they will let us see them?" She asked. I froze and took a deep breath. "We can ask." I said. She looked at me and then nodded.

"Ms. Emily?" We turned to the door and saw a doctor standing in the doorway. "We would like for you to go back to your room please." He said. She nodded and shook my hand. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said. I nodded and she left the room, shutting the door behind her. I stood up and looked out the window again. It was a beautiful day outside.

"If only you guys were here to see this beautiful day." I whispered quietly as if all of my friends were beside me. I let another tear escape my eye and I looked up at the cloud's. "I miss you." Was all I could say.