Chapter 18

*Caleb's POV*

We screamed as the man crawled over the desk and stood in front of us.  "Run!" I yelled to Janet. I punch the man in his shins, making him yell in pain. She quickly crawled out from under the desk and stood against the wall. "What are you doing?!" I asked her as I punched the guy again. "I'm not leaving you behind." She said. I sighed and pounced onto the man to try to take his weapons.

She froze in place and watched me fight for our lives. "Run!" I yelled to her. Then I felt something sharp pierce into my skin. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. I tried to breathe but it was too painful. Then I felt a copper tasting liquid begin to come out of my mouth. Blood dripped off of my lip and landed on the man's mask. He began to laugh and he smiled.

"I've been waiting to kill you for a long time Caleb." He said. I coughed and blood splattered onto his mask. "Caleb!" Janet squealed as the man threw me off of him. The knife remained in my stomach. "J-Janet...r-run!" I told her as I winced in pain. Looked at me sadly. "Go!" I demanded. She jumped at the fone of my voice but then began to run.

"You're not getting away that easily." The mand said as he pulled out a pistol. "Jan-!" I yelled and the gun went off. She stopped in place and then fell to her knees. "No!" I screamed. I used the rest of my strength and tried to stand. "There's no point in trying to stand. Even if you are able to I will just kick you back down." He said. I growled at the mask on his face. "Why don't you show your identity?" I asked, angrily. He stood still for a while and then sighed. He then grabbed his mask and took it off.

My jaw dropped as I saw my ex girlfriend stand in front of me with a gun in her hand. She smiled at my reaction and squated down beside me. "Surprised sweetheart?" She teased.  I couldn't close my mouth. My eyes were wide open.

"K-Kamille?" I managed to say. She chuckled and grabbed my chin harshly making me wince in pain. "That's right." She said with a smirk on her face. "Wh-why are you doing this?" I asked her. "I wanted to get my revenge on you. When I heard that these guys were planning on breaking into your school I was overjoyed so I joined them." She said. I was completely afraid of her now so i looked away which was a huge mistake.

Once I turned I saw Janet's body on the floor. I felt a pain sting my heart as I stared at her. I felt my eyes tearing. "You're going to cry over her?" She scoffed. "This nerd?" She said as she kicked Janet's corpse. Rage boiled inside of me. "Don't kick her body." I said through gritted teeth. She rolled her eyes and scoffed again. She walked up to me and then bent down to look at me again.

"I really need to go now. Though I want to see you die first." She said with a smile. She reached for the knife but a something came and hit her in the head, knocking her out.

I turned my head and saw Micah standing there with rage flaring in his eyes. "Micah." I whispered. He quickly ran to me and helped me up. "We need to get you out of here before you lose too much blood." He said. I wanted to say thank you but I couldn't speak anymore I was exhausted. "Come on." He said with a stern tone in his voice. He supported me and we walked quietly out of the room.