Chapter 7

*Caleb's POV*

Janet and I ended up in the science room which made this whole thing even more creepier. It seemed like the skeleton was staring into my soul and it made me feel very uncomfortable. I stood still for a little bit and had a staring contest with the skeleton.

"H-hey..." Janet said from behind me. I quickly turned around to look at her. "Yeah?" I asked, letting out a sigh of relief. Janet looked down at her feet which wasn't new. "I d-don't want to be rude but... C-can you help me find the key instead of staring at the skeleton?" She asked. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment. "O-of course! Sorry." I said as I scratched the back of my neck. She smiled a little bit and went to the other side of the room to look.

Everything seemed a lot creepier than it was supposed to, but that may be because of the situation we are in. I walked around the right side of the room. 'Where could they have put it?' I thought to myself.

I opened the teacher's drawer in her desk and rummaged through her papers. Then I came across my quiz. A zero?! "How could I possibly get a zero?! I got everything right!" I exclaimed. "Did you cheat?" Janet asked, not even taking the time to look at me. I groaned and she sighed. "That's why." She said. I crumpled the paper up and threw it into the trash bin. Maybe I could tell my mom that my teacher lost it later.

I looked under her desk and under her chair but there was nothing. I looked up to see Janet on top of one off the desks and looking on the projector. "What are you doing?" I asked. She rolled her eyes a bit. Honestly, I thought that she was going to be pretty sweet since she was a shy nerd. "They are obviously going to hide the key somewhere where we would least expect it or where we wouldn't want to check. They wanted to put it somewhere that would take a lot of time, and for us that would be a huge risk because we would have a high percentage of being found and killed." A click came from the top of the projector, something from inside the projector opened, "So they put it somewhere that would force us to take huge risks and because we would be too aftaid to do that they have already defeated us and we would all be on deathroad. But since I didnt see any men come our way I figure I would start up high." She said as she pulled her hand off of the projector. A small key twinkled in her hand as she she showed it to me.

"Bingo." She said. I stood with my mouth wide open. I mean yeah what she said made complete sense but how did she find that out so fast? She jumped down from the desk and motioned me to follow her. "Come on, let's test the key out before we get the others." She said. I followed her without hesitation and we ran down the hall to one of the exit doors.

"Wait, there are multiple doors. How are we going to know which one?" I asked. "Luck of the draw." She said. I gulped and continued to run behind her. 'Where were the minion?' I wondered. I looked around and spotted a dark figure heading our way. "Someone's coming." I told her quietly. She looked around and turned the corner to hide, as did I. She brought a finger to her lips and I nodded. The footsteps became louder and louder. 'How could she possibly so calm?' I looked down at her and she was shaking. 'Never mind, she's just as scared as I am.'

Suddenly the footsteps stopped and everything was silent. I did my best to control my breathing and Janet did the same. We waited for a little bit and only listened to the heavy breathing of the man. Then a scream came from down the hall and the man started to jog away.

Once he was gone I looked at Janet. "Who was that?" I mouthed. She looked really sad and shrugged. "I don't know. But we need to find the door that goes with this key so that we can get everyone else." She said. I opened my mouth but then I heard gunshots. Whoever was over there obviously isn't alive anymore. I mourned silently as we ran to the exits.

Five exits, one key, one door that will open. Hopefully we will get lucky.