Chapter 4

*Emily's POV*

I woke up to the bell ringing and to our teacher dismissing us. I looked up to see everyone walking out of the room. I shrugged, got up, and walked out of the small classroom. I grabbed my stuff and tried to leave the school without anyone noticing but it didn't work out well.

"Emily don't forget that you have detention after school." I heard a voice say behind me. I sighed, rolled my eyes, and turned back around. "Mr. Drake's room." She said. I put on a fake smile and walked past her and up the stairs. 'I swear, all of these teachers hate me.' I thought angrily as I stormed to Mr. Drake's room. I stopped in front of the classroom door and calmed myself down. I opened the door and to my surprise there were a lot of people sitting in the desks looking dead inside. I was actually kind of happy that I wasn't going to be the only one dying on the inside. I smiled a little and closed the door behind me.

"Hello again, Emily." Mr. Drake said. I nodded and sat in one of the desks. There were six students stuck in detention with me. There was a brown haired girl with glasses, Caleb and Ace, an annoyed girl with blond hair and baggy clothes, a sleeping boy, and my old friend, Gabby. I turned to Gabby and waved it a small smile forming on my face. She smiled back and waved. We sat for a couple of minutes in silence until I decided to try to interact with Gabby.

"Hey wanna play rock, paper, scissors?" I whispered to her. She giggled quietly and nodded. She and I looked up at the teacher to make sure he wasn't watching and we started to play. I beat her the first couple of times and then she made a come back. "Awwww man." I said. She laughed at my pouting face.

"No playing." The teacher said as he read the new paper. I sneered at him and put my chin on the desk. This was taking forever. After a couple of minutes Mr. Drake stood up to leave for the restroom. "Stay put or else you will get a Saturday detention." He said as he walked out of the room. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Gabby leaned her head back and looked up at the ceiling. "This is so boring." She said. I looked around the room and saw Ace looking at me. Once he realized that I noticed him he quickly looked away.

'What was that all about?' I wondered.

We sat a little longer until I finally stood up. "Where are you going?" Caleb asked. I turned around and put my hands on my hips. "What I can't go to the bathroom?" I asked. He shook his head, "No you can't. Unless you want a Saturday detention." I rolled my eyes. "I'm pretty sure he wont be mad that one of us had to use the toilet." I said. He shrugged and I walked outside into the hallway. I continued to walk all the way down the hallway and to the restrooms.

I froze in place and my jaw dropped to let out a bloody scream. Mr. Drake lay in a pile of blood on the floor in front of the men's restroom. He had a stab wound in his back and a phone in his hand to call 911. I hyperventilated, quickly ran back into the classroom, and closed the door as fast as I could.

"What's wrong?" Ace asked. I stood completely paralyzed with my back to the door. "Hey, tough girl, aren't you going to answer the question?" The girl with baggy clothes said. She obviously got dress coded. I tried to catch my breath and managed to get the words out of my mouth.

"Mr. Drake is dead..."