Chapter 3

*Ace's POV*

Caleb and I walked down the hallways to our last class. I turned to talk to him but he seemed lost in thought. 'What is he thinking about?' I wondered. We walked into class and I decided to ask. "You okay?" I asked. He shrugged, "I-I don't know." I gave him a sad look. "Don't worry about it. You can stay at my place if you want." I offered. We walked over to our desks and sat down. "It's not about that but thanks." He said. I frowned at his response. "What are you worried about then?" I asked him. He opened his mouth to respond but he was interrupted with an argument.

A skinny girl with short black hair came in with an angry expression on her face. I felt my face heat up when she walked in and I covered the right side of my face with my hand as fast as I could. I looked at Caleb to see him looking at me with a sly smile on his face. "Leave me alone." I said. He laughed and put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, I've got you." He said as he winked. "Wh-what do you mean by that?" I stuttered. Knowing him he was going to something really dumb but what? "HEY EMILY!" he yelled from across the room. 'WHAT IS HE DOING?!' I panicked. I quickly looked at him with obvious fear on my face. My heart began to beat faster as she walked over to us and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.

"What do you want?" She asked Caleb angrily once she stopped in front of us. "Why are you so mad?" He asked. "That's none of your business." She growled. I opened my mouth to say something but I was afraid that I would get myself killed. But what I did was worse than that.

"What are you staring at?" She snapped at me. My eyes grew wide once I realized that she caught me. I felt my face heat up even more and my body began to shake just a little. "W-well..." I began but I was saved by the bell. I let out a sigh of relief as she turned and walked to her seat.

The teacher began and I set my chin in my hand. That's when I heard something weird coming from outside. I looked out th window and stared at the garden shed outside. The door was open. 'Are the gardeners going to work early?' I wondered. I glances back at the teacher to see if she was looking. Suddenly a bad feeling draped itself upon me. 'What's that?' I wondered as I saw a dark shadow coming from the inside. I squinted my eyes to see...

"Mr. Ace?" I quickly shot up and turned to the teacher. "Is everything alright?" She asked. "Y-yes ma'am." I manged as I tried to slow my heart rate. She nodded and turned around. Everyone giggled and snickered except for Caleb. His face was serious and he glanced at me. He looked like he knew exactly what I saw. I tried to ignore it but my eyes were being drawn to the shed. Something was definitely different from the usual schedule.