M o t h e r ' s D a y S p e c i al

"I wish we could have spent more time together."

=

"Mom! Mom! Can we go there tomorrow?"

The young [H/C]-haired girl asked, eyes glimmering in the hopes of getting her mother to take her to the amusement park. With a sad smile, she shook her head. Upon seeing the response, her face crumpled. Her mother had been terribly busy lately and barely had any time to accompany her.

With a sigh, she went back to her room as her mother went out to go to work. She understood that her mother needed to work hard and so did her dad to keep them sustained. In this quirkful society, civilians had a hard time getting by. Jobs were always being taken by those with useful quirks, leaving not much for the rest of the world.

=

"Mom, can we go see the movies?"

The young [H/C]-haired girl asked, eyes glimmering in the hopes of getting her mother to take her to the movies. With a sad smile, she shook her head. Upon seeing the response, her face crumpled yet again.

"Why not ask dad to take you?" she asked while she exited the house.

'But I want to go with you...'

In the end, she went to the movies with her father, though happy, she was still sad that she couldn't see it with her mother.

=

Mother's Day came around and she had baked a cake for her, she waited and waited and waited. She sat at the front door for her mother to come back home. But after glancing at the clock, she probably was going to come home late again. She set it back into the fridge and went to bed.

Mother's Day came around this year, memories of her still lingering in her mind. Stepping onto the public transport, she set off with another bouquet in hand. The ride wasn't long as she soon arrived at the graveyard again.

Truly, even since their deaths, she missed them more each day that passed by. She wished she could hear her voice, feel the warmth of her embrace, smell the wonderful cooking, laugh along with her. If only there was more time.

Life brings illnesses, diseases and death. Old age is in the package as well. You don't miss your loved ones as much until they're gone. Some move on, some don't. As time passes by, things around you change, whether it's for better or for worse.

The teen kneeled in front of the engraved stone, setting the flowers down.

"Hey mom, Happy Mother's Day."