Chapter 24.

Alexa's P.o.v.

"This is supposed to be a safe house?" I asked bewildered. Martin chuckled beside me as I got out of the car and he led me into the mansion. Yeah, that was no house.

"Aren't safe houses meant to be smaller? Okay first of all, how many houses do you have? And what the hell do you do to get the money to buy them? Because seriously a lecturer's salary isn't enough to buy all this." I asked again, I was actually very curious. Everything I thought I knew about him was actually a lie. I realized that Martin had a secret life. A dangerous life.

"Like honestly, this house is big," I added, as I made my way across the long hallway. I marveled at the interior. It was all white. The walls, the ceilings, and the floor were all white. This one, as compared to the other one, had minimal furniture and décor. It was simple, but it was elegant. He had good taste.

"You know," his voice startled me. I hadn't heard him getting close to me but by the time I realized, it was too late. His voice had dropped dangerously low and he was right behind me, my back lightly caressing the fabric of his shirt.

"This isn't the only thing of mine that's big,"

...

EXCUSE ME-WHAATTT?!

Was he trying to kill me? Was that it-was he trying to kill me? Yeah that was it, he was totally trying to kill me.

"W...what?" I breathed, unable to talk. I felt his hands brush across mine briefly, but that was enough to send my mind reeling. My body trembled against him and I fought the urge to release a moan.

"You heard me," he whispered slowly, and the next second, his lip lightly caressed my right earlobe. I automatically jerked my head sideways, giving him more access to my neck, and I mentally cursed myself for being so easy. But in that moment, that didn't matter. I didn't care. I wanted it.

I wanted him.

His hands gripped my waist tightly, causing ripples of heat to course through my entire body. And as if that wasn't enough, he pushed his lower part of his body against me, and I gave in. my lips parted to release a moan, and he groaned back in response.

His voice, that groan was so sexy.

"Lexa," he whispered, snaking his way up my blouse, "I want you. Damn, I want you so badly,"

I was about to reply to him. I was about to tell him how bad I wanted him too. How badly I craved him. how much I wanted him to do dirty things to me. I was about to tell him all that, but I didn't even get a chance to say anything, because a loud sharp voice pierced the air, causing us both to jump.

"Uh, hell nooooo!! You are coming up with me right this instant missy," Jessica called out to me and a second later, she was in front of me. "Were you seriously about to do it in the hallway. Martin when did you get so unoriginal. That's super cliché." She snarled at him, but there was a playful gleam in her eyes. I blushed.

I stole a glance at Martin, and to my shock, he was smirking. At me. His eyes never left my face and when he saw my flushed reaction, he winked at me.

OH GOD.

I felt my cheeks turn redder, and I was sure he saw it too, because I heard him chuckle. Jessica saw this as well, and decided to intervene. Thank Jessica! If she hadn't, I don't know what I would've done. It was just too awkward for me.

"Okay. Play time's over. Alexa, let's go. You're supposed to be getting ready for your date, remember?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me, then smirked at Martin evilly.

I didn't have to look at him to know what he was feeling, because I heard him curse under his breathe, and seconds later, he disappeared into the house.

Jessica chuckled at that, then motioned me to follow her upstairs. We passed three rooms before we finally stopped at the last one, which was at the far end of the wall. She twisted the knob, and the door gave in as it opened. I was let in into a beautiful large room, that had pink and white walls, a queen-sized bed, four big cupboards and to the far left, a dresser. To the right, there was a long black door, and the whole room in general had two large windows.

"Pretty, right?" Jessica asked, smiling sweetly. I nodded, smiling back. "I know. It's mine." She added, playfully flipping her long blonde hair. I chuckled, then an involuntary yawn, escaped my lips.

"You're tired, right?" she asked.

"No, I'll be fine. But I've got to ask..." my voice trailed off as I thought about what I was about to do. Was it okay for me to do this? Did I have any right to do so? Was I meddling in their affairs? Maybe. But my life was threatened. My life had been at risk, more than once. I had a right to know.

"It's just, everything that's been happening," I started slowly, gauging Jessica's reaction. she bit her lip, as she brushed her fingers through her hair nervously. There was definitely something going on.

"What's going on? You and Martin are living some kind of mafia life or something, and it's dangerous. Who are these people? Why do they want to kill you? Have you guys always lived like this?"

"I don't..." she began, digging her fingernails into her palms. "I can't explain anything for now. You should..." she continued as she made her way to the dresser and opened it. "You should try out dresses. Remember you're literally out of town and it'll take an hour before you reach Boston. Chap,"

"Jessica," I sighed. "I have a right to know..."

"A right?" she laughed. "You have no idea what you're saying."

"My life has been threatened more than once already ever since I met you. I can't go to my house and stay there like a normal person anymore because apparently, I've been marked too by association. I can't see my two best friends who make my world and I'm currently an hour away from my home town, this fucking close, to missing my dinner date with somebody. I'm a dead girl now, apparently. Okay? My life will probably never be the same again, and right now, I don't like pointing obvious facts, but in case you didn't notice... all this, it's your fault. So I want some answers, and I want them now." I snapped.

Jessica stared at me wide-eyed, shock written all over her face. I don't think she blinked for a whole two minutes, and I mentally smirked at myself.

She finally blinked a few times, then her face softened as she sighed. She made her way to the bed and sat on it. she turned to look at me again, this time, gauging whether or not to tell me anything. After a few moments, her face broke into a small smile, then she muttered, "now I see what it is about you that's got him all fired up,"

I blushed at that statement, and she chuckled. "Grab a chair. It's going to be a long one," she said, and I immediately dragged a chair to the middle of the room and sat.

"Well then..." she smiled, "shall we?"