Untitled Part 27

Alexa's P.o.v.

"Storm? Hey, it's...yeah I know. I'm sorry, it's just-well...if you could just...I'm sorry I didn't have my phone! I just got it and...ok, okay...I'm on my way...I'm coming, alright?" I sighed, as I heard the phone click. Damn it. Storm was mad. He'd called me like fifty times in my cell, and left like one hundred text messages, all to which I hadn't responded until now. Why?

Because that son of a bitch had my fucking phone-that's why! Ugh. I wanted to punch him in the face. He was the rudest person I'd ever met in my life. Not only had he been so dismissive and disrespectful to me earlier, but he'd also kept my phone from me. I didn't understand that part though. Why take my phone and not return it? what did he plan to do with it? Was he snooping? Going through my texts...my photos...my emails...what was his motive?

The cold wind slapped my face and I shivered at the impact. I hugged myself to keep myself warm and glanced at my watch. It was six forty pm and I still hadn't left. Where was this Pablo guy anyway? Jessica had earlier taken me outside the house and walked me to the black SUV that was parked right in front of the porch., and told me that Pablo-whoever that was-would be driving me to Boston. But it had been fifteen minutes, but this guy was nowhere to be seen.

Someone just fucking shoot me.

"C'mon, where are..." my voice trailed off as I turned behind, and found green eyes looking at me. I really wished I hadn't looked back, because now I couldn't look away from him. Those green eyes always had a way of rooting me in place. I found myself staring back at him, unable to look anywhere else. I watched as his eyes travelled down my body, licking his lips, as his gaze lingered around my chest. My heart raced as he did this, and chills of pleasure ran down my spine. His eyes landed back on my face again, and I froze at the intensity of his gaze. His green eyes were sparkling, and there was an emotion I couldn't read dancing around his eyes. But as usual, that emotion lasted only for a second, and his face immediately became stone hard. Completely devoid of emotion.

"Ready to go?" he asked curtly. I simply nodded my head in response. He nodded once, but I noticed his jawline harden. He walked towards the car and proceeded to open the door for me. I ignored the fluttery feeling in my chest, and hopped in. Seconds later, he was in the driver's seat, turning on the ignition, and the car roared to life. He pulled out of the compound, and the gates parted for us to leave, and soon, we were on the highway, on our way to Boston.

I didn't bother to read the signs on the sides of the road that told me which city we were in because I really wasn't in the mood. I didn't care. I mean, what difference would it make? I was going to live and stay here from now on, so I'd better start getting comfortable with the place. I became nauseous at the thought. I swallowed the lump in my throat and focused my eyes on the road. I was aware of Martin beside me driving the car, but again. I didn't. Care. I was not going to stress myself over him. How do you begin to help somebody who doesn't want to be helped. How do you get somebody to open up, when he's probably been closed up his whole life, and isn't open enough to even try. I was done. I mean yes, he was beautiful. No. He was divine. Heavenly. Insanely good-looking. Very very sexy. Had a phenomenal body. Paralyzing eyes. And...

Stop.

Yes, he was all of those things, but he just wasn't mine. I don't even know how or when I started to like him. when had it began? When did I start to have feelings for my professor? Was I even listening to myself? My professor? What was I thinking? I can't believe that I had entertained several thoughts of us ever becoming anything more than friends. Was this what I had become? A girl who'd lost all sense of who she was, and lost sense of respect and self-dignity? Was that what I'd become?