Chapter Two

Around twenty minutes later I'm ready to leave. 

Tucking my wicker basket under my arm with the handle over my small shoulder, I waltz up to the treeline. 

But Parker was asleep, snuggled up to his giant backpack. I understand why though. He said he was a traveler and he'd also sounded weary the first time he'd spoken to me. Also the feeling of the shade was quite nice and soothing too, rather than the afternoon sun's burning rays. Parker's eyelids flutter in his slumber. 

"Hmm, should I wake him or not? He seems to be quite peaceful here. Maybe I should just walk home to deliver the herbs to Mother and come back later for him." Upon hearing my words, Parker's left eye opens a smidgen. When both his amber eyes open, he blinks for a little bit. 

He smiles cheekily, "So you're leaving me, or taking me with you back home to your mother?". 

My eyes bug out, I begin to see why he's alone. I grumble quietly and turn my back to Parker. As I take a step forward, I hear Parker say something. I stop to listen. 

"Sorry, Miss Greenes! I just meant it as a joke. I know you meant all those herbs and flowers" He repeats. Upon turning around, I see his face to be as sincere. Parker just smiles, seemingly satisfied with himself and me. He gets up and shrugs on his backpack, tightening the straps absentmindedly. 

"So, when do we leave?" He chirps.