Chapter One

I sing softly as I crouch down. 

My fingers sift through the grass and herbs, picking the best to bring home. My green eyes scanning the fresh greenery. Every now and then, I'll find a pretty flower to add to the floral braid I've created in my dark brown hair. Then a shadow moves over to shield my skin from the bright sun. 

"Excuse me, ma'am. But could you guide me in the direction of New Bark Town?" I shiver in shock, normally I'm completely alone while I'm out here. I look up, placing my wicker basket down and folding my hand on my lap. 

"Hello, who are you?" I ask sweetly, batting my thick eyelashes. 

"Parker Jordan, now the same question to you." Is the young man's reply. 

I stand up slowly and even out the creases in my lavender dress, "Lilac Greenes.". 

He smiles a crooked grin and adjusts the straps of his huge backpack. My eyes trace the many Poké Balls fixed to the leather belts belts wrapped around his chest in a cross. 

"Well, your name sure does go with your flowery attire, Miss Greenes. I see you've noticed my little collection. If you're impressed, I'm just letting you know that most of these are empty. They're mainly just for decoration, since I don't seem to have the luck of finding Pokémon as easily as others do." Parker says, smiling a grimmer grin at the mention of his many empty Poké Balls. 

"Then that luck should change soon, we have heaps of annoying Pokémon we'd be happy to be rid of. I should know. After all, I do come from New Bark Town. And you'd said you wanted directions there, I can personally take you there. All you have to do is wait for a little while, I have to finish collecting the herbs my family want." I announce proudly. The breeze rustles the light fabric of my dress and tousles Parker's dark hair. 

Parker extends his arm towards me, "Then it's a deal, Miss Greenes.". 

I shake his hand politely, bowing slightly. Then I crouch back down to inspect the clumps of grass, herbs and flowers. 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I watch as Parker walks off to the treeline and slumps down. He slips his backpack off his shoulders and sighs in relief. It must be heavy. His back leans against the tough bark of a tree, an ancient tree stump under his rear. Parker takes a few sips of water, carefully savouring it. Maybe it is all he had left, it's not like I'd know how much water this handsome stranger had left in his canteen. 

The strands of my hair that'd escaped my loose braid hide my gaze from his wandering eye. But I do notice his eyes curiously on me as I return my attention to the ground.