Chapter 3

Sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.

_____________________________________________________

JENNIE'S POV

"Ms. Kim, we're here." My driver told me as he parked  my car on the facade of our company's building.

I just looked at him and nod a little. I looked out of the window and saw some of the employees running from one point to another.

I let out a sigh and wear my everyday office face as I see one of our employees hurriedly went to my car and opened the door for me. Another day to spend inside the four walls of this company.

I stepped out of my car and fixed my black Chanel square sunglass that I am wearing. Our employees immediately bowed their heads as soon as they saw me alight from my car.

"Joh-eun achim, sajangnim."(Good morning, president) They all greeted enthusiastically. I just nod at them as my secretary hurried herself towards me while I walk straight to the entrance of our building.

"What is my schedule for today, Minsuh?" I asked my secretary while walking and keeping my gaze straight towards my path.

She immediately scanned through the device she's holding. "Meeting with the marketing department heads at 9, lunch meeting with the Seoul Representatives, contract presentation from Busan Representatives at 3 in the afternoon and meeting with Seulgi's Enterprise at 4." She continuously said as we both enter the elevator.

"Is there any news about my father? I haven't heard anything from him yet." I asked and tapped my foot uneasily. I saw, through my sunglasses, that Minsuh glanced at me. "What?" I sternly asked.

"About that, sajangnim." she answered hesitantly and she slightly lowered her head.

We reached the top most floor of the building where my office is located. I shook my head and did not wait for her to complete her statement. I went directly to my office.

"Sajangnim," Minsuh said stopping me from opening the door of my office.

"Minsuh, I know that you are my secretary as well as one of my friends but if you do not have any good reason from stopping m-" I said with frustrations etched within each word but I was immediately stopped when the door of my office swung open revealing the person I was asking about earlier.

"Huijang-nim." Minsuh immediately blurted out and bowed at man who is now standing in front of me.

"Appa." I dubiously said and immediately removed my sunglasses. 

He turned his head towards my place with his firm and stern gaze.  That made me realize that we are inside the company's premises and I should address him properly. I lowered my head and swallowed the lump of nervousness built within my throat.

I know that he is my father and he somehow trusts me in handling the company but whenever he is around, everything changes. The scared and coward Jennie Kim arises and I don't know why. He sucks up each and every drop of confidence I built. As what Jisoo-eonnie is always emphasizing and telling me, I can roll my eyes against him every time we are having phone conversation but I can never reject him whenever he ask me a favor about something, especially when we are talking personally.

"I'm sorry. Huijang-nim." I apologetically said and bowed my head exhibiting my respect on him. 

"That is the reason." Minsuh whispered. I lightly nudge her.  She stepped backwards and bowed again before going to her desk.