Chapter 12

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
________________________________

JENNIE'S POV

"Where did you guys go?" Jisoo-eonnie asked as soon as we enter the villa where we are staying here in Batanes.

"At the lighthouse." Lisa answered and smiled as she makes her way to the couch and recklessly settled herself on it.

"Yah. You guys are unfair." Chaeyoung complained and hitted Lisa on her arms. "You did not invite us."

"How can we invite you, if you are too busy playing with Ella and Jisoo." Lisa answered and pinched Chaeng's cheeks. "And besides, I want to talk to her privately." Lisa added shifting her gaze towards me and winked.

Her actions once again, heated my cheeks. My blood came rushing in towards my face. I looked at her, raised one of my eyebrows, to hide this feeling I am currently experiencing, and headed towards our room. Her friends aren't here anyway. Probably they are in their own rooms to rest.

I threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling of this room thinking about each words Lisa have told me. This is the first time I received those kind of sweet and genuine words which can melt anyone's heart.

I am still laying my back comfortably on this bed with my arms and legs spread out when someone came inside the room. I didn't bother to stand nor to look at that person.

"I think I can swim in your thoughts, Jendukie." Jisoo-eonnie said.

"Oh, it's you eonnie." I nonchalantly answered.

"Why? Expecting someone else?" She playfully asked and threw herself beside me.

"Yah. What are you talking about?"

"You know, Jennie, you can fool everyone around here but not me." Jisoo said as she laid sideways and looked at me. "You've got a different aura after that detour of yours." She added playfully moving her eyebrows up and down.

"What aura are you talking about here?" I confusedly asked.

"That." She said pointing at my face. "That glowing aura of yours. To be honest, this is the first time I saw that in you."

I did not say a word but a deep breath escaped out of my mouth. And without noticing, a smile formed in my lips.

"And this is also the first time I saw that kind of smile." Jisoo-eonnie playfully said while poking my cheeks.

I swatted her hand and laid myself sideways facing her. "I don't have any idea what is happening with me eonnie." I said keeping the smile in my face.

"I'm all ears." She said and got up from the bed.

I also got up from the bed and laid my back in the headboard. I looked at my sister and giddily smiled.

"I don't know where to start eonnie. It's just that my heart feels happy and flattered. I don't know. I can't explain whatever it is eonnie." I said with my hands moving and gesturing something as words come out of my mouth.

"Okay okay. But you have to tell me everything little sister. From the beginning." She firmly stated with a huge grin on her lips.

I told her everything from the day I first met Lisa at the airport until our unexpected detour earlier.

"And there, she spread my arms and placed herself behind me stating, 'I don't know what are you thinking right now nor what your worries are. But for now, I just want you to be carefree and throw those unnecessary things away. Just for this trip, and as long as you are with me.'" I said and paused I looked st my sister bearing this lttle smile. "Hearing those words from her makes my heart rumble. It feels like, as long as I am with her, I am safe. I am cared for. I am loved. And most importantly I am carefree. I can be who I want to be." I added and stared through my sister's eyes. "Without worrying about the people around me." I added.