Chapter 4

It's amazing how crazy I feel when my phone vibrates and I'm begging it to be you.

__________________________________________________

LISA'S POV

I am still thinking about the words Alyssa had told me over lunch. I am still surprised that she, herself would ask me personally to be back in the Philippines. My parents have been talking about that topic with me before but I am always dodging it. It's not that I don't want to go back in the Philippines but, I do also have my life here. My friends, hobby, lifestyle, and most especially, my parents. I know that my grandparents left a responsibility for me back in the Philippines, thanks to Alyssa because she's taking care of those for me, but can't it wait until I am ready? 

I am lying in my bed for I don't know how long. After that late lunch, I went straightly here in my room and laid my lazy ass together with my bothered mind and soul on my comfortable bed. I kept on facing on different direction. I never stayed on one position. "Ahhh!" I screamed while throwing some tantrums on my bed. "Why is it bothering me? I can just say no right? I can just say that I am not yet ready. I know Alyssa will understand it. She's the most kindhearted and understanding person I know." I said as if I am talking to someone even though I am aware that no one will listen nor answer to my rants. 

"Because at some point, you, already want to be a responsible citizen, bata." Someone said. 

"Ahhhh!" I screamed on top of my lungs and got up from my bed as fast as I could, as that person finished it's sentence. "How did you get in here?" I irritatingly said. 

"I was knocking on your door for almost 5 minutes I guess?" She said and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "But you are out of this world and was not able to attend to the door. Luckily, I turned your knob and it is not locked. So, I welcomed myself in." She added and smiled widely at me. "Now, have you been thinking about what I said earlier?" She asked and sat on the chair in front of my computer desk. 

"Look Ly." I said as I stared directly in her eyes. "I think I am not yet ready. My life is in here. My parents, some of my friends. You know what I mean right?" I explained. 

"I know and I have already thought of that." She said and winked at me. I really hate this person. She already have everything prepared. "And to answer that," She added and laid her back on the chair. "You know that the company owns a private plane. Thailand is just 4 hours away from the Philippines. You can come home every weekend if you must." She stated firmly. 

My mouth went agape about her offer. I know that the company is on it's peak and I can't foresee it going down anytime soon nor in our lifetime. This gal in front of me is one of the most sought after business person in the world. But allowing me to go home every weekend using the company's private plane? Isn't it too extravagant? Oh you guys might think that they are the one who is offering those but, I am not a kind of person who is taking something or someone for granted.

"What is really your plan Ms. Alyssa Valdez? I know that you won't come this far offering me this extravagant things for me just to go back in Philippines without a very important reason." I said straightforwardly. I know this person well enough even though we are only having our so called "sister's bond" once a year. 

"We really think the same way, bata." She said and lightly laugh. "To tell you honestly, I want you to help my girlfriend, Dennise Lazaro, in bringing up some ideas about the advertising company. With your God-given talent in photography and film making, I know you'll become a huge help." She added.